Need some advice on tactics for ..

Big Adam's lake at Hayfield. Only a small match and not too serious. Just don't want an embarrassing empty net. So all you Hayfield experts out there, any tips would be gratefully received.

Thanks

It's been all over the place with baits, I've seen.anglers win it with maggots, paste, pellet, meat however the biggest weight I've seen was with chopped worm on the deck and up in the water.

Animal swears by pellet on the deck and pellet waggler, like I said owt can win but I would go with the chopped worm approacb, this will give you the medium fish and bigger fish.

But that's me, peg one is a dream peg !

---------- Post added 05-05-2014 at 08:29 ----------

Sorry mine was for little Adams, I would just fish the shelf at about 8m on big Adams with meat

My dream peg is bang outside the cafe. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I fished little adams in November and was catching well on bomb and 6mm meat soaked in Krill juice (another thing to hook us anglers maybe). I caught 39lb for second and it was won with 44lb winner used corn. Best off taking a selection of baits but don't give yourself too much of a headache.

Would have to agree with BSD but would come up in the water in last hour with a 6/8mm pellet and fire over the top at 13m

Big Adams has a lot of big ide worm n caster can be deadly,fish it 6m start on the deck and loose feed your worm n caster to get them up in the water you will hit carp so gear up there is some right clonkers,never fished waggler on there but it works on the other lakes so imagine it should work don't forget there gunna start spawning very soon and the ide option can be very appealing