I'm going to be on the radio!!

I'm going to be on the radio, again haha!

I'm going to be on BBC Radio Sheffield, talking about disabilities and Fightback. Fightback are a charity helping people fill out DLA forms, and ESA, going to tribunals with people, and helping them get the benefits they deserve.

Tuesday, 11am, don't forget!!

:love:

---------- Post added 03-05-2014 at 18:05 ----------

https://www.facebook.com/FightBack4Justice

I listened to the programme and if you were the lady with ME I thought you spoke very well. It was sad to hear that you consider you will never be well again and will only get worse. It is also dispiriting for others who have ME. People do recover from it whilst others make enough improvement to lead a relatively normal life. Some years ago Esther Rantzen's daughter had it and was wheelchair bound. I remember reading that she had made a very good recovery and is now studying for a degree.

I recall that you mentioned that you also have Fibromyalgia - this is from the National Fibromyalgia Association: "motivated and informed patients can experience significant improvement in their symptoms and quality of life. "

You are very young and have many years ahead of you. Research into both conditions is ongoing and a cure may be found, or at least better treatment.

I have a lot of personal experience of chronic illness and know it is hard when you are not feeling well but please try not to be despondent because that will help you if you are to make any recovery. Hopefully one day you will be much better.

Edited by ccit

*mod hat off*

ccit,

ME recovery is in "thirds". A third recover, a third stay roughly the same, and a third deteriorate, generally speaking.

If those figures are correct then there is a chance that the lady on the radio could make a full recovery. It seems that it is not certain that it will get worse. The older gentleman who was also being interviewed said that he had made some degree of recovery.

I actually corrected him, I don't have ME I have Fibromyalgia, but yes that was me :D

Is there anyway I can listen to this on a catch up service at all, sorry I missed it.

Is there anyway I can listen to this on a catch up service at all, sorry I missed it.
You can listen to it on the Iplayer Kath. If the interview was on at 11am, it will be on the Rony Robinson programme in the 2nd hour.

Here's the page

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01y3s9s

Thanks very much Janie.