52 Bus Driver (First)

ooh can i join in. One regular 52 driver, always moaning, complains about people having to stand up. refuses to move if hes not happy about where your sat or stood.

Refuses to acknowledge you as a customer, never says thanks. When getting off the bus if you thank him he replies with "yeah whatever".

Its a joy to travel on his bus.

ooh can i join in. One regular 52 driver, always moaning, complains about people having to stand up. refuses to move if hes not happy about where your sat or stood.

Refuses to acknowledge you as a customer, never says thanks. When getting off the bus if you thank him he replies with "yeah whatever".

Its a joy to travel on his bus.

This guy sounds a right bag of laughs I think its the customer care training doing its thing.

I was going to say something similar mark,but i dont think a new driver gets put on the 52 buses.[that was the case,maybe its changed]

When i started driving buses, i was put on board 7, which contains 52's, 22's and 56's, and still happens today, so new drivers are given 52's, there are no buses immune to new drivers,

---------- Post added 06-05-2014 at 13:44 ----------

52 route - you should think yourself very lucky that the bus driver actually pulled up to let you buy the 'wrong' ticket!

Regularly bus drivers on this route ignore prospective passengers leaving them waiting at the stop as they drive past with their near empty bus.

Perhaps one of these bus drivers could explain what a traffic light at red indicates?

On the 52 route it would seem to indicate put your foot down to increase speed and power through the junction.

I can sort of defend this. Personally, if a traffic light is on green, i slow down slightly, anticipating it turning to red, when i get within two bus lengths, and the lights are still green, i speed up. If the lights change as i'm speeding up, then i've no option but to go, either that or slam on the brakes and send all my passengers flying.

But then i suppose many on here will still think that's wrong, many will complain if i go through the lights, or if i brake, sometimes bus drivers just cannot win

When i started driving buses, i was put on board 7, which contains 52's, 22's and 56's, and still happens today, so new drivers are given 52's, there are no buses immune to new drivers,

---------- Post added 06-05-2014 at 13:44 ----------

I can sort of defend this. Personally, if a traffic light is on green, i slow down slightly, anticipating it turning to red, when i get within two bus lengths, and the lights are still green, i speed up. If the lights change as i'm speeding up, then i've no option but to go, either that or slam on the brakes and send all my passengers flying.

But then i suppose many on here will still think that's wrong, many will complain if i go through the lights, or if i brake, sometimes bus drivers just cannot win

But traffic lights do not just change from green to red, there is the amber light between green and red. If the lights are at green when you are within two bus lengths then, for them to have changed through amber to red by the time you pass though the lights, you must be at a low enough speed to allow you to safely come to a stop.

Driving through a red light, especially a bus with passengers, is dangerous.

Bus drivers aren't idiots, it's their job to give tickets out all day every day...if you didn't get the right ticket then you asked for the wrong ticket.

Simple as that.

You're asking us to believe that someone out of the two of you made a mistake. Is it more likely to be the guy who never uses buses, or the guy who's job it is to sell bus tickets?

Bus drivers aren't idiots, it's their job to give tickets out all day every day...if you didn't get the right ticket then you asked for the wrong ticket.

Simple as that.

You're asking us to believe that someone out of the two of you made a mistake. Is it more likely to be the guy who never uses buses, or the guy who's job it is to sell bus tickets?

I never said the bus driver was an idiot, but if you read the OP it states I asked for an all day saver to use on any bus including Stagecoach buses. As for your quote about someone who never uses a bus and someone whose job it is to sell bus tickets what has that got to do with it? Does that statement make the bus driver look like an idiot who issued the wrong ticket. I would be interested to know how you would ask for a ticket that is valid all day and can be used on any bus including stagecoach buses.

Every time something happens enough for you to use your fingers, note down the bus number and time. There is a complaints form on the websites of the companies.

Use them. If enough complaints happen, drivers can be dealt with. (as long as they are not hiding behind unite)

But traffic lights do not just change from green to red, there is the amber light between green and red. If the lights are at green when you are within two bus lengths then, for them to have changed through amber to red by the time you pass though the lights, you must be at a low enough speed to allow you to safely come to a stop.

Driving through a red light, especially a bus with passengers, is dangerous.

I didn't say "I" went through red lights

but if I, or someone else, has slowed down, started moving again and got closer to the lights and then they start changing???

And I've lost count the number of times, I've gone through on amber, looked in my mirrors and seen a couple of cars going through behind me, so it's not just bus drivers, but for some reason we get singled out.

---------- Post added 07-05-2014 at 12:55 ----------

Well done driver 32782 for giving me the wrong ticket this morning. Despite asking you twice for an all day saver to use on any bus including Stagecoach you still got it wrong. I have now had to pay another £1.90 to get me to my final destination. My advice to you driver is if you have no interest on the job you are doing join the ever growing list a wasters this country has and let those who want to work do your job. The quicker we get a one ticket fits all system in place the better local transport will be. Today it has cost me £5.70 from home to work a journey I normally do in my car, I would have been better spending a further £4 and got a taxi. Rant over.

I remember one incident, I'd been working for First for about two weeks, so was a new driver.

Someone got on at Crookes, asked for a ticket to go to Crystal Peaks, so I told them it would be a first day ticket, catching my 52 to town, then a First 120 to Crystal Peaks, which he bought. A few days later I was called into the office because the guy complained that he couldn't use it on the Supertram to Crystal Peaks. He didn't ask for a ticket that could be used on the tram too, just a ticket to get to Crystal Peaks and back. I'm sorry, but unless you tell us we don't know

Edited by vizzbucks