52 Bus Driver (First)

Well done driver 32782 for giving me the wrong ticket this morning. Despite asking you twice for an all day saver to use on any bus including Stagecoach you still got it wrong. I have now had to pay another £1.90 to get me to my final destination. My advice to you driver is if you have no interest on the job you are doing join the ever growing list a wasters this country has and let those who want to work do your job. The quicker we get a one ticket fits all system in place the better local transport will be. Today it has cost me £5.70 from home to work a journey I normally do in my car, I would have been better spending a further £4 and got a taxi. Rant over.

Did you not check the ticket at the time it was given to you?

Did you not check the ticket at the time it was given to you?

TBH, having had to use the public transport system recently due to a poorly car (and taking 1hr 43mins average for a 20min journey) I can understand the OP's confusion with the tickets. There are a lot of different "Day Saver" tickets

1 for just Rotherham

1 for just Sheffield

1 for just buses

1 for just buses & trams

1 for all regions, just buses

1 for all regions buses and trams.

I think there's one that does trains too.

It does seem highly illogical to have so many & given that many services cross into different regions, why bother with the "region locked" ones.

TBH, having had to use the public transport system recently due to a poorly car (and taking 1hr 43mins average for a 20min journey) I can understand the OP's confusion with the tickets. There are a lot of different "Day Saver" tickets

1 for just Rotherham

1 for just Sheffield

1 for just buses

1 for just buses & trams

1 for all regions, just buses

1 for all regions buses and trams.

I think there's one that does trains too.

It does seem highly illogical to have so many & given that many services cross into different regions, why bother with the "region locked" ones.

That's called a PlusBus, where you buy buy a train ticket for your journey and pay an additional fee for the pleasure of being told "Nah mate, thats a railcard, can't use that on here. A pluswhat? Never heard of it pal"

OK, that was when the scheme was new and the last bit was telling, I am guessing the drivers had not been fully briefed. He did at least accept that it said "plusbus" and continued as normal when I ended the discussion by taking a seat

You probably didn't make it clear what you wanted. A First Day ticket bought on the 52 is also valid on the Stagecoach 52.

What you wanted was a Citywide all operator bus & tram day ticket.

What has a one ticket fits all system got to do with this driver making a mistake. We are after all only human are we not and therefore prone to the odd mistake now and again

Well if you received bad service you should make a complaint otherwise they will never know.

A mistake is not always bad service maybe he is a new driver. I know some bus drivers are miserable but surely not everybody should be tarnished with the same brush

Yes it's called City Wide and only cost 30p more than day ticket and you can use it on all buses and trams. I use it regularly for work

A mistake is not always bad service maybe he is a new driver. I know some bus drivers are miserable but surely not everybody should be tarnished with the same brush

I was going to say something similar mark,but i dont think a new driver gets put on the 52 buses.[that was the case,maybe its changed]

Love a good old bus thread or someone resurrecting an old one.

52 route - you should think yourself very lucky that the bus driver actually pulled up to let you buy the 'wrong' ticket!

Regularly bus drivers on this route ignore prospective passengers leaving them waiting at the stop as they drive past with their near empty bus.

Perhaps one of these bus drivers could explain what a traffic light at red indicates?

On the 52 route it would seem to indicate put your foot down to increase speed and power through the junction.