Sheffield has the worst shopping centre

I visited town today and was just thinking it was pretty buzzing, when I heard a chap coming up Pinstone Street chanting 'the town centre's crap'!!

manchester and london are better

You've got your five posts now. :)

They're in the town centre, but not slap bang in the town centre.

Let's stop playing games. There is one record shop in town, and it is HMV. The motive of your argument is a little hard to pinpoint.

Vinyl demand on charter square and Record Junkee (above Music Junkees) on Cambridge street. Apparently there's another just opened on or near Brown Street but I didn't notice when I went past yesterday. All three independents and two of these are new, pretty good selection really given the availability of music online. The demise of the Record store isn't a Sheffield exclusive.

Sheffield definitely needs more high-class shops in order to attract people with money to the city. Why don't we have a classy department store like Harvey Nichols or Harrods? Or high class fashion boutiques like Prada, Gucci or D&G?

This is a windup, right?

If you are being serious, can I direct you to this post which sums up the Sheffield mentality perfectly.