Sheffield has the worst shopping centre

Why is Sheffield 'so awful'?

Shortcut don't work, need to subscribe to look at report.

Shopping is not awful in Sheffield. It can be a fun day out, maybe not perfect but certainly not awful.

Depends what you are after,

We have some fantastic places to get local meat and veg, there's lots of different shops for all incomes..

Granted, if you want nice fashionable clothes then you have to go further afield, i usually go to Leeds or Manchester.

Look around and up above the shops and pavements - there are some fantastic buildings and historic architecture in Sheffield city centre - what is left after the Luftwaffe visited in December 1940 anyway.

Sheffield is not 'awful' or the 'worst' by any stretch of the imagination :confused:

Sheffield has a lot to be proud of and I'm proud to be a Sheffielder.

Edited by Daven

You can click the link in the image of the magazine at the top to bypass subscription, but its not loading for me.

For the supposed fourth largest city in the country, Sheffield city centre is awful. Just look at the Moor and Sevenstones - that building near Debenhams which, is being demolished has been in that state for months, and the high rise hotel look terrible .... its not good on any level.

Debenhams itself looks old-fashioned and scruffy!

Edited by Glennis

I had a walk through town and down the Moor this afternoon and I have to say I was shocked. There was a nice market on fargate and the Moor was very busy, especially the new market at the bottom. Impressed.

I guess it all depends what you are shopping/looking for. The article is not interesting, the link does not even work and a search on search engine cannot find any such nonsense article.

Considering the link points to something called first for business and greedy for my personal details it sounds like they are not open or friendly to share their information freely with others. Such articles are useless and meaningless and for all you know it is a silly website demanding money from council or business to give Sheffield a good image again.

The site that pops up is very greedy for advertising and distribution income as well.

Apparently, we are the sixth worst city in the UK for boarded up and closed stores.....read the article for more stats.

Apparently, we are the sixth worst city in the UK for boarded up and closed stores.....read the article for more stats.

I may be an idiot. But there are bigger idiots out there.

In my opinion they need to get these shopping developments moving. I know its probably down to funding, but while nothing is happening the city in parts looks bad.

Parts are indeed quite pleasant to be in, but its such a long walk between one good shop/area, and another - with plenty coffee shops, banks bookies in between.

Edited by Glennis