Smoking weed on the street in Hillsborough

I would consider Hillsborough lower class, yes. Deprivation is obviously relative. However, what I'm getting at is why do we see more weed smokers and Parson Cross/Shiregreen than we do in Dore or Totley, or at least people who openly smoke it?

For a start there's probably 10 times more people per Sq mile in Parson Cross/Shiregreen than there is I'm Door or Totley.

Just been out on my lunch and as i was crossing middlewood road a lad walked passed blasting away on his spliff...

Now im not anti-cannabis, feel free to toke as much of it as you like, but is it really appropriate to do it so publically? I think it's awful when you see folk tugging away on cigs never mind big joints hanging out of their mouths!

Is it just me???? maybe im getting old and less tolerant...

Time to wake up Chelle ! Its run of the mill now, who's to stop em ?

I would consider Hillsborough lower class, yes. Deprivation is obviously relative. However, what I'm getting at is why do we see more weed smokers and Parson Cross/Shiregreen than we do in Dore or Totley, or at least people who openly smoke it?

The countless times I've walked past the 'Rec' in Dore village and there has been people smoking weed and the amazing amount of times I've seen in being done in the walkway between the school and Bushy Wood. Whereas I've walked through Hilsborough (where my parents live) and never seen it, but i'm obviously not saying it doesn't occur there. Suppose its where you go. To say there is more that 'openly' do it in one area compared to the other just because YOU don't see it isn't exactly fair.

Do you find ignorance to be frustrating or reassuring?

I have said before I check my facts. Dates and numbers particularly because some people get quite pedantic at times.

I draw your attention to the 2nd paragraph under the sub-heading History.

http://www.cesar.umd.edu/cesar/drugs/crack.asp

JIC you are experiencing some difficulty http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/paragraph

I suggest you try doing the same it will give your posts credibility

BTW: other people do inadvertently make errors with their facts one or two of such does not demean what the poster is trying to say unless of course they are heavily relying upon them to make a point.

Unless you were talking about the States, whatawaste is right Tommo.

http://http://www.tonydagostino.co.uk/history-of-crack-cocaine.htm

It is interesting to note that you didn't quote ALL my post. Crack cocaine was not prevalent in the uk in the 1970's.

You really ought to read a BOOK with proper referenced scientific research to back up what the author says in the book.

NOT just take things on the internet as being true. They are not usually backed up with referenced works that can be traced back to (a) scientific paper(s).

Wind your neck in fella!

I was simply saying i can't believe how blatant this lad was about it, the only reason why i find it quite a shock is because if you know hillsborough at all it is very busy with lots of elderley and mums with prams etc... i was just surprised by it because when i was younger we had to go and hide in the woods!!

Im not attacking weed smokers by the way....

I am amazed how many scruffy scrotes walk around Hillsborough pushing prams whilst smoking the stuff, male and female, only last week a couple of young lasses were smoking the stuff at the tramstop in Hillsborough whilst taking their kids to nursery, would be funny to see the nursery staffs faces when mum and kids turn up reeking of weed...:hihi::hihi:

Who the hell is calling Hillsborough lower class!!!!!!!

How dare you............

Who the hell is calling Hillsborough lower class!!!!!!!

How dare you............

I'll add too that,

How VERY dare they.....it's a lovely urban area.

---------- Post added 06-05-2014 at 10:54 ----------

Mind you there are a few scr-oats but the majority of the locals

I find whatever class have decent enough morals.

I'm sure a fair few more would rather give you the shirt off their back, than take one from a washing line.

Edited by Beechwood_S6

Hillsborough is NOT lower class! I lived in Dronfield/Dore area for years and saw many more corner street chavs than I have in Hillsborough.

Hillsborough is a lovely area and i've lived here for 8 years and love where i live, never had any trouble...

If people on here are judging Hillsborough from what they see in the hillsborough shops area then they are mistaken.. Hillsborough centre also attracts people from surrounding area's such as Stannington, Wisewood, Loxley, Walkley, Fox Hill, Parson Cross, Middlewood, Wynn Gardens!!

Hillsboorugh is full of 100yr plus victorian housing, privately owned or rented, full of young professionals...

NOT lower class

Hillsborough is a lovely area and i've lived here for 8 years and love where i live, never had any trouble...

If people on here are judging Hillsborough from what they see in the hillsborough shops area then they are mistaken.. Hillsborough centre also attracts people from surrounding area's such as Stannington, Wisewood, Loxley, Walkley, Fox Hill, Parson Cross, Middlewood, Wynn Gardens!!

Hillsboorugh is full of 100yr plus victorian housing, privately owned or rented, full of young professionals...

NOT lower class

Hear hear :)

Apart from the recent burglaries in our road it is an awesome place to live.

Hear hear :)

Apart from the recent burglaries in our road it is an awesome place to live.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that Tim :(

NOT lower class

I'm pretty sure it's a mix of working and middle class people. I like Hillsborough, but some areas are rough, same as any other large urban areas.