Smoking weed on the street in Hillsborough

did you know there are fewer cannabis smokers in the Netherlands than there are in the UK?

Perhaps, that is because the UK has a much larger population.

I see this regularly, especially down eccy road.

The other day I saw an elderly lady, at least in her 70's standing outside simonitte butchers on division street chugging on a massive spliff.

It amused me muchly.

Hahaha now that would be a sight to see

We walked around ingolsmells market on the easter bank holiday,must have been 4 or 5 groups of families smoking the stuff and they all had kids with them.

Absolutely spot on PRESLEY. It's a well known fact that everyone who starts smoking that evil cannabis will without a doubt be on the heroin within 2 to 3 years, once you are on that slippery slope there's no turning back, hangings not good enough for em!

It goes further than that though. Every heroin addict in the world first tried out DiHydrogen Monoxide. We should ban this gateway chemical immediately.

Just been out on my lunch and as i was crossing middlewood road a lad walked passed blasting away on his spliff...

Now im not anti-cannabis, feel free to toke as much of it as you like, but is it really appropriate to do it so publically? I think it's awful when you see folk tugging away on cigs never mind big joints hanging out of their mouths!

Is it just me???? maybe im getting old and less tolerant...

You are asking if it is just you. It is probably your personal opinions that cause some form of reaction, nothing wrong with that.

These opinions can easily be dropped or given more energy. I think what happened then touched your personal feelings, emotions that are not the smokers business or responsibility.

Would not want to see people smoke cannabis all over the place, it is something for these smokers to keep to themselves. You are not allowed to drink beer and get drunk in public either.

I watched a interesting documentary the other night about addictions and where they originally came from and apparently we have all got addiction and it is installed into us from when we first walked the earth, our original addiction was salt, and it is a mechanism in our brains that we need to have in able to survive, our bodies need these 'addictions' in order to keep functioning, but now in modern day society these addictions are represented by other uses as they are available and some people are more prone to it than others.

Gives quite a good insight really into why drug addicts, alcoholics and smokers find it so hard to give up.

I was in Amsterdam last week, it was very busy and even on the national koningsdag festival nobody smokes cannabis in public.

I did myself when i was about 17/18, thats why im so shocked! Me and my friends would literally have to go and hide in rivelin to do it... We wouldn't of dared be caught in the streets!!

What does cannabis smell like? Is it good for the brains, long term?

Perhaps, that is because the UK has a much larger population.

No, it is lower per capita. I would think a lot more people in the Netherlands have tried it, but there is no 'edge' to it once it is just like alcohol in the eyes of the law.

I tried it for a week and did not like it, I wouldn't smoke it if you gave it to me. Most dutch people have no interest in cannabis and don't care if others do want to smoke it.

I have heard rumors that certain types of physical pain and suffering can be treated with cannabis and subscribed by a GP.

Smoking it on a busy street should not become standard behaviour.

firstly, smoking weed does not automatically mean you will become addicted to harder substances, and on my street I know of 2 houses that have weed smokers in them as they can be smelt from outside , this is a hint to the ones who are smoking it from Beighton , be careful cause if I can smell it there may be do gooders who will report you xxx take care ;)

Is Sheffield police bothered with consumers if these consumers mind their own business without being a nuisance?