Sign in to follow this  

Out of This World

Does anyone remember this classic programme??? had that theme tune summat like "If you want to swing on a star...carry moonbeams home in a jar..." and there was that lass who could stop time by putting her two index fingers together and her dad was some sort of alien who talked to her through a glowing cube sort of thing :?

Tried talking to someone about it and they looked at me like Id just dropped out of a dogs bum! Surely I am not the only one to remember this!!! Or even tried to stop time by putting fingers together....in my youth! I dont still do it now! :blush:

xxx

More info here ....

http://members.tripod.com/~jessicarae/ootw/outofthisworld.html

even pic of fingers together and some audio files

----

Would you like to swing on a star

Carry moonbeams home in a jar

And be better off than you are

Or would you rather go to earth

An earthling's a creature who is plain as can be

He's not as unique as you or me

His body comes in lots of different shapes

They say his relatives were chimps and apes

But if you take my advice for what it's worth

You could be happy there on earth

Or would you like to swing on a star

Carry moonbeams home in a jar

And be better off than you are

You could be swinging on a star

You could be swinging on a star

Originally posted by Mosherchik

Does anyone remember this classic programme??? had that theme tune summat like "If you want to swing on a star...carry moonbeams home in a jar..." and there was that lass who could stop time by putting her two index fingers together and her dad was some sort of alien who talked to her through a glowing cube sort of thing :?

Tried talking to someone about it and they looked at me like Id just dropped out of a dogs bum! Surely I am not the only one to remember this!!! Or even tried to stop time by putting fingers together....in my youth! I dont still do it now! :blush:

xxx

Arrrgggghhhhh!!! That's really spooky, for the last year I have tried to remember the name of that show, it has got to me until now.

I remember it and can remember the last two lines of the song but couldn't remember the name at all.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease mosh!!!:thumbsup: