What is the best American style food resturant in Sheffield?

As an American - and been living here for 9 years - I'm yet to find a proper sit down restaurant that serves a decent burger, unless I go to TGI Fridays, but even thats subpar. I no longer even order them when I'm out and opt for a steak if I rave red meat or just stay with the chicken.

Everyone here either puts breadcrumbs and eggs (mixed together thats a meatloaf!!) or want to throw the same seasoning you'd make a roast lamb with. Blech.

Beef hamburgers should only be made from 20/80 (or 80% lean) beef with some salt and pepper. THAT is it.

The best place for a burger in Sheffield is a food truck called Cowboys Serioulsy, just amazing, though rarely around :(

I had a rather nice pulled pork and jalapeño burger at Relish last week, much preferred it to the burgers at Mud Crab

Quite enjoyed it at mud crab, a little greasy though. The onion rings where a bit bigger than the usual!

Thanks to all for the input.

do any of these places have other American style food? gumbo, jambalaya, Cajun, cheese steaks etc.

I had the strangest pulled pork sandwich at Relish last week. It was more like stew and made all the bread soggy. My wife had pulled brisket that was like chilli con carne. Wouldn't go again.