What is the best American style food resturant in Sheffield?

What I'm asking really is, who does the best American burgers? I quite liked Uncle Sam’s, is there any better ones?

The Harley does the best burgers, but that's all they do. Its The Twisted Burger Company.

The Common Room burgers take some beating , not tried the one's at Smoke BBQ yet.

The burgers at the Harley are the best I have had in Sheffield, closely followed by mudcrab.

Tried the common room and they were alright but not in same league as the Harley.

And the fries at the Harley are superb too, try the business fries ...

Uncles Sams was in dire need of redecorating and some less grumpy staff the last time I went and that was a few years back....food way below par and not that cheap either frankly.

Edited by Goooooogle
Spelling

Not tried the burgers in the Harley yet. They do look really good but the location puts me off a bit. Whenever I have been in always feel a little dirty with sticky tables and floors.

Swanky Franks at Woodseats is really good, I enjoyed it more than Yankies or Uncle Sams.

Not tried the burgers in the Harley yet. They do look really good but the location puts me off a bit. Whenever I have been in always feel a little dirty with sticky tables and floors.

I put off going for a long time as couldn't believe it could possibly be that good.

And yes it is a little scruffy/sticky and full of smelly students but the burgers are really, really great. And fab fries....

Only tried Swanky Franks once - really didnt like it so much (sorry , I know it gets a lot of love on here)

The burger was too hard and an odd colour, the meat just did not taste fresh.

I can also recommend Eten - they have a burger night on last Friday of each month , tried it the other week and they were really good too with handcut skinny chips (not fries) just like my mum used to make.

The original Champs used to do a Backyard Burger which was extremely nice.

My favourite burgers are now served at Mud Crab; they are full of flavour. Whether they'd be classed as American is another matter.

I also like the black and blue burgers at TGI Friday.

Mud Crab by a mile, Uncle Sams peaked in 1989 I am afraid.....

Mud Crab do indeed serve a good burger. Swanky Franks was awful when I went. far too herby and peppery, and bit chewy

Bungalow and bears on division street are the best I've ever tasted,their pulled pork is lovely,closely followed by mud crab.

Edited by yetton bird