Car Alarm. 30 hours and counting..

There is a car on Cyprus Rd in Meersbrook that has had its alarm going off for 30 hours constantly and it's still going strong now. Working from home today and it is getting right on my wick. About to go all Basil Fawlty on it. How long do car batteries last?

I'm surprised it's lasted this long to be honest.

Might give that a try. Cheers. It's a weird sounding alarm.. Just a constant tone that goes slowly up and down in pitch. Sounds like a sound effect from a cartoon where a bomb is falling out the sky.. Never heard one like it before on a car

Has the car been broken into? Did you check?

jb

Might give that a try. Cheers. It's a weird sounding alarm.. Just a constant tone that goes slowly up and down in pitch. Sounds like a sound effect from a cartoon where a bomb is falling out the sky.. Never heard one like it before on a car

I know the type. One of the local chavs has one and its forever going off. Its probably some fleebay special.

Report it to 101, 30 hours is taking the proverbial and needs sorting. I think its also illegal for an alarm to go off constantly like that. Iirc max is 20 minutes, then it can repeat after a short delay for another 20 and so on until its reset.

I know the type. One of the local chavs has one and its forever going off. Its probably some fleebay special.

Report it to 101, 30 hours is taking the proverbial and needs sorting. I think its also illegal for an alarm to go off constantly like that. Iirc max is 20 minutes, then it can repeat after a short delay for another 20 and so on until its reset.

Think its 15 mins and then goes off permanent ./ unless set off again example intruder still in propety./ I have adjusted mine so it only goes off for 5mins and then resets./ Easy to do if you have maual,.[ Sorry house alarm] :love::love:

Has the car been broken into? Did you check?

jb

I'm surprised someone hasn't broken in and removed the battery to be honest.

30 hours is taking the Michael.

Moreover if it's a cheap alarm thats malfunctioned then there's the chance it could over-heat, catch fire and cause a much larger problem and damage other peoples vehicles/property.

This alarm is doing my head in now too. Sounds like a shed alarm or something? Topped with a torched car on the road below too..

I believe that you are entitled to call the police (101) and have them come out to 'break in' to the car and turn it off if it has been alarming for more than 20minutes, the owner will be responisble for the cost of damage...

Or is that just house alarms?

I'm fed up with it too. I just phoned 101 and she said it wasn't a police matter but that she would pass it on to environmental health. She said she wasn't sure they would act on it! Everyone should phone too so they'll get fed up with us and do something!

I thought the fire was a skip fire on upper valley?

No damage to the car by the looks of it. Police have just been. They stood there a while, scratched their heads a bit and have gone now. I'm going out as this is doing my head in!