Rising damp - what to do?

The ground floor of my house seems to have a problem with rising damp, especially in a few select areas. What solutions are there and what sort of cost should I be looking at to fix it?

I'm getting crystals forming in some areas, and plenty of wet plaster.

TIA :)

any problems with gutters? Watch when it rains tomorrow!

any problems with domestic water or C Heating leaks?

What's the area like outside the problem spots - poor pointing / brickwork?

Send the clues in and I'm sure advice will follow.

any problems with gutters? Watch when it rains tomorrow!

any problems with domestic water or C Heating leaks?

What's the area like outside the problem spots - poor pointing / brickwork?

Send the clues in and I'm sure advice will follow.

I've had the gutters done so I know there are no problems in that sense. They were previously causing part of the problem.

As far as I'm aware there are no central heating or domestic water leaks, and I'm not losing an pressure in my system. More importantly, there aren't any water pipes in the immediate vicinity of the damp patches.

There is potentially that it could be the pointing, but the bricks seem fine. I have considered that it could be penetrating damp, but due to the tidemarks stopping about 1m up I guessed it'd be rising damp.

I've had the gutters done so I know there are no problems in that sense. They were previously causing part of the problem.

As far as I'm aware there are no central heating or domestic water leaks, and I'm not losing an pressure in my system. More importantly, there aren't any water pipes in the immediate vicinity of the damp patches.

There is potentially that it could be the pointing, but the bricks seem fine. I have considered that it could be penetrating damp, but due to the tidemarks stopping about 1m up I guessed it'd be rising damp.

It does sound as though it could be rising damp,daft question maybe,but does the house have a DPC installed.

See any drill holes plugged that may have had chemical damp proofing?

Is in in an offshot kitchen?

One of our places had a single brick wall !!

The ground floor of my house seems to have a problem with rising damp, especially in a few select areas. What solutions are there and what sort of cost should I be looking at to fix it?

I'm getting crystals forming in some areas, and plenty of wet plaster.

TIA :)

more information needed what age/ construction is your property

depending on the property rising damp is quite rare nowadays

The property is a c1900s semi-detached, solid brick house.

I honestly don't know if it has a DPC installed, but there's no sign of air-bricks or anything similar.

When I first bought the house the surveyor detected damp (using a meter) and the previous owner paid for someone to come and tank the property - although I think they only did certain areas. I haven't seen evidence of where they did it.

The kitchen isn't offshot, and the property hasn't been extended as far as I'm aware.

Would be happy to offer my advice and provide a quote please call or txt me with your details if you want to Mac 07976901492 cheers