Business networking events?

Are there specific ones for social enterprise or third sector?

It depends on what you're specifically looking for really. Do you specifically need to meet people in the 3rd sector and SE's, or will general networking do the same thing for you?

Though I haven't seen any there may be some specific networking events, but if you're looking to meet like minded people you could keep an eye on the websites of VAS, SYCF, SYFAB as they will post details of seminars, advisories, funding events, training, etc. Then there's this

I am interested in attending the SheffEx event at ponds forge

There are two ways to do it;

As a delegate, register for free at www.sheffex.com

As an exhibitor, book your stand at www.sheffex.com/exhibit

Was thinking of joining the FSB (federation of small Businesses).

They were part of a good talk the other night, at the made fest and seem like an honest bunch of fellas. You get good perks too, such as legal and business advice.

Hi

I've been attending the School for creative start ups meetups. They are very informative and useful for new businesses. You can meet others in your position and get advice too.

Check out their website for the next one.

Was thinking of joining the FSB (federation of small Businesses).

They were part of a good talk the other night, at the made fest and seem like an honest bunch of fellas. You get good perks too, such as legal and business advice.

I joined the FSB after talking to them at MADE, I agree they came across as a very honest bunch. I am yet to get started with the networking events but there are some coming up in November that I am going to try and get to. You also get free business banking and your costs covered if you get investigated for tax or VAT up to a certain amount.

I'd get in touch with SENTA which is the Sheffield Enterprise Agency - they run a few!

Not long to go now until SheffEX on 1st December and there are a series of great networking sessions that will be announced in the next few days.

If you pre-register at http://www.sheffex.com you'll avoid the £5 entry fee.

Are there specific ones for social enterprise or third sector?

There is a couple of people in our group at Bni that are social enterprise we have a visitors day on 3rd December please contact me for details.

Thanks

Mike

Well, what can we say, over a hundred firms have booked to exhibit at SheffEX and more than a thousand delegates are booked on too.

Also, you can join us for the SheffEX after show party http://www.sheffex.com/sheffex-for-the-after-show-networking-party-met-club-royal-victoria-sheffield but you will need to register as a delegate on the sheffex.com website.

Edited by sheffex