Business networking events?

Hi, 3 main business networking companies in sheffield.

The firm, run by alan fenn

Networking by becki jones

Federation of small business at costco.

Remember to use networking as an addition to your marketing and dont get sucked into spending most of your day networking, easily done!!

There is an event being held at the Source, Meadowhall. Not sure if its what you are looking for. Its advertised on facebook. here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/events/824941337516350/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

This looks like a sales presentation for a particular company rather than a reciprocal business networking event

The Sheffex business event is now sold out with over 100 stands at Ponds Forge International, networking activities and expert talks on Monday 2 June between 0930-1600.

Over a thousand visitors have already registered and entry is still free providing that you register online at sheffex.com first.

If you turn up at the door without registering there's a £5 admin charge, but in all honesty we don't want to charge anyone anything so please register beforehand if you intend going along.

Hope to see lots of you there, and that you find plenty to interest you.

Sheffield Chamber of Commerce do networking events.

It's worth a call to the Events team (0114 201 8888 ) to see what they are and how much they cost, they might do a deal where you can go to your first one for free.

I am also interested in networking events in Sheffield. At times there appear to be very few and then 6 months later there are a dozen or so. At the moment there seem quite a few so which ones are well attended?

I used to attend them quite frequently in the past and I found them useful for acquiring information and usually ended up being the buyer not the seller.

May be a daft question but for what types of businesses are these events applicable?

I started up a counselling service for children and young people in february. i'm wanting / needing to develop it and awareness of it but don't want to waste my time getting to know people at events if it's not going to be relevant to what i do :)

May be a daft question but for what types of businesses are these events applicable?

I started up a counselling service for children and young people in february. i'm wanting / needing to develop it and awareness of it but don't want to waste my time getting to know people at events if it's not going to be relevant to what i do :)

All types of businesses are there. The mix depends on the particular type of meeting you attend. Generally though what's key is who the attendees know that may be potential customers not whether the other attendees need your services themselves. Happy to have a chat if you pm me your number and I'll try to suggest where to start.

Look on eventbrite.co uk as im part of network2network we do meetings in Sheffield, Mansfield, soon to be lincoln and Worksop too.

Crafty Business is a networking meeting with a difference. Networking to grow your business, collaborate, support and learn from each other.

You don't need to be an experienced crafter or work in a craft related business. All you need is an interest in seeing what other people are doing, plenty of business cards and the willingness to give some of the crafts a try.

Friendly people and it's not expensive - usually under £6 for the meetings.

http://crafty-business.weebly.com

Facebook Group: CraftyBusinessSheffield

Twitter: @CraftyBizSheffield

Hi All

I Have joined BNI sheffield last month finding it really useful, already got some good new contacts in my address book and got several leads that turned to jobs, We have a visitor spots in our group if any one want to come as a visitor please PM me

Mike

Edited by Micky ET