The Fiesta Club Sheffield

What a fantastic atmosphere the Fiesta had, acts I saw there included Four Tops, Fantastics, Desmond Decker, Vince Hill, Georgie Fame and Alan Price together, Marvin Welch and Farrer, Edwin Starr, Equals. We used to get free tickets because my wife worked at 'Tramps' where many of the stars went for new clothes and gave free tickets out. Best ever night was my 21st in 1970 when sat on front row to see Frankie Vali and four seasons, Frankie shook everyones hand on front row, they had a fantastic session drummer who had a set of drums that had lights in them that lit when hit (stars and stripes) 10 minute solo. The support act that night was a welsh singer called Leah Bell who got me up on stage gave me a indian headdress and got me to chase her all over the stage with a rubber knife while she sang Running Bear Hiawatha under the strobe lights, happy memories.

Edited by Tez67

I worked for Abbet Glen Laundry in the 70s. We delivered ltems to the Fiesta while doing this I saw many of the stars rehearsing in the afternoon one that comes to mind was Cilla Black. Stangely I never saw any of them perform there.

I think Frankie Valli & the four seasons were at the Fiesta in 1971,

and Freddie Star also in 1971. Brian

My dad worked there his name was mark 

Told me many stories about the stars that played there x

2 hours ago, Richard laidler said:

My dad worked there his name was mark 

Told me many stories about the stars that played there x

Come on then, don't be coy. :)

Apparently they had to where breathing apparatus when they changed the Piper's

10 minutes ago, desy said:

Apparently they had to where breathing apparatus when they changed the Piper's

Could you put it another way?

Hello All,

I am trying to find out when Ken Dodd performed at the Fiesta Club back in the day, if anyone went to see him, I would appreciate any information you can let me have.

Many thanks

NotSoLoud

Hi my father in law is Alan Spandler, the Fiesta’s Sales and Promotion Manager in the 1970’s.  I’m married to Paul, his son. Alan is now 89. Anyone work with him..?

My mother used to drive for A1 taxis who had the contract to ferry the stars about from the hotels to the Fiesta.
Many stories of Bob Monkhouse, Bruce Forsyth, Ken Goodwin and many others... all were really nice people.

My mate Stewart worked at the fiesta and then was a dj at steelys