The Fiesta Club Sheffield

I went to Showwaddywaddy there and a few other acts, also saw Russ Abbot and the Black Abbots. He got talking to this woman at the front tables and said to her do you think your husband will mind if I had a kiss, she said no, so he bent down and kissed the husband.

Martin St James,he put on a great show. I remember him getting someone to eat a raw Onion,telling them it was a juicy peach. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

It would never work now. See all those big names who appeared there. Can you see any of today's top names appearing there for anything less than mega fees?

Trying to contact kitty1 (Kathy) on here.

Shared a flat with her, Cathy and Alan Mayes (beads) back in 1971/2

If anyone knows, contact me alandakerharley@gmail.com

I was in the Roy Orbison band. backing vocals/keyboard.

Help Alan

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 18:17 ----------

Reading these posts bring back so many great memories the staff and clubbers all enjoyed the nights. Max Bygreaves was a good bloke when he was on the front tables closed down and the waitresses complained he gave the 10 bob a night quite a bit of cash for them days.

Please find Harley63 Looking for Kathy who shared a flat with Alan Mayes. I am the other Alan who also shared the flat. email: alandakerharley@gmail.com

The big fella was Tim. The other big fella was Alan.

Big hearted Jean you mentioned earlier, Bar Supervisor is my sister in law.

I stumbled upon this thread and the memories came flooding back. I worked at the Fiesta for about two years. I was a fiesta fawn in the little purple dress and silver fishnet tights. Later on it was red plastic hot pants and white plastic boots. I remember the Beach Boys, Tommy Cooper, Gene Pitney and so many more. Freddy Star used to chase the waitresses or grab the soda syphon and spray every unfortunate person who happened to be close. Warren Mitchell (Alf Garnet) used to lose it whenever staff made a noise when he was on stage. Before he left he apologised and had a party for us all. I remember he was an exquisite musician, would never have beleived it. Also remember the Ricky Day Five, cheeky devils they were. And we drank Moet like it was water... those were the days.

Hiya

When were you at the Fiesta? I also wore the dreaded purple dress (at night!) For a short time I was Head Receptionist and also saw some great (and very lousy!) acts. After we finished work we used to go to another late bar for a few drinks but can't remember what it was called. Can you? Morris Naylor was resident band at the time. Ring any bells? Silly me - Morris was at Top Rank NOT Fiesta........... sorry!

Lynda

Edited by LyndaM

Davep

I think the hypnotist was called Martin St James or something - small guy with goatee beard.

spent many happy times there tommy cooper and freddy star drifters many others but I also remember martin st james he was brilliant he had them doing stupid things but good fun does anyone remember the night when he he had someone seeing little green men if a tune was played he didn't come out of right and he had to come back on and release him I was pregnant its a wonder I didn't go into labour hilarious night j

Loved Martin st James he was there two weeks different every night with volunteers

He played I'm in the Mood for Love at the end male female would just start snogging person next to them

This should jog a few memories, I was a taxi driver back then and Bob Bacon was the catering manager, we were good mates, he got me some excellent fares. he used to get me free tickets to see who I wanted. I went to see Glen Campbell and he was awesome, introduced a young guy who played a twelve string guitar with no backing and you could have heard a pin drop. I met my ex-wife there( amongst many others!!) and I could go on for hours but lets see what develops, if you ever used DB Luxicars taxis I would have probably been your driver!

the guy playing guitar was most likely Carl Jackson--he also played 5 string banjo and appeared with Glen on his TV shows---if you look on You tube you should get him--

the guy playing guitar was most likely Carl Jackson--he also played 5 string banjo and appeared with Glen on his TV shows---if you look on You tube you should get him--

I remember seeing showaddywaddy there omg that brings back memories The were staying at the hallam towers and We were friends of the band Romeo challenger was a very very good friend of mine (saying nowt else here ) and we were there guests .Ro liked the place and looking back it was a great place but these days I don`t think it would work in Sheffield as we now have the Arena ...........But we thought we were posh having the Scampie and chips in a basket ,I now cringe at the thought of it lololololol .I remember Freddie Star appearing too OMG I nealy died laughing the air was blue and I was so shocked I just couldn`t stop laughing so was Bob Monkhouse

I used to laugh at closing time, all the drunks coming out and falling down the escalators that went down to the car parks that never worked!