Processing video files

.h264 format.

How would i go about adding effects like zooming into a specific part of the frame to identify and object or person and overlaying text to the image im zooming in on? I understand there will be some quality loss but i want that loss to be as minimal as possible.

Freeware would be better as i dont have much spare cash at the minute.

Hmmmmm some sort of video editing tool like windows movie maker (or the equivalent). Do a google for "windows movie maker alternatives". There is a site called alternatives to, or something.

You might be able to get an older copy of Adobe Premiere Elements cheaper or similar. You're not going to get a fully featured video editor for free. That said Adobe did release some of their older editions for free.

You might be able to get an older copy of Adobe Premiere Elements cheaper or similar. You're not going to get a fully featured video editor for free. That said Adobe did release some of their older editions for free.

Not quite.

They released a load of keys for cs2 but they were only officially for people who already owned it.

Adobe later clarified that in order to legally use CS2 users still require a purchased license, and that the move was just meant to assist its existing customers

http://www.techspot.com/news/51316-adobe-offering-creative-suite-2-for-free-but-they-didnt-mean-to.html

Don't waste your money on Adobe licensing. You can do what you need for free, do some googling.

Not quite.

They released a load of keys for cs2 but they were only officially for people who already owned it.

Adobe later clarified that in order to legally use CS2 users still require a purchased license, and that the move was just meant to assist its existing customers

http://www.techspot.com/news/51316-adobe-offering-creative-suite-2-for-free-but-they-didnt-mean-to.html

Cheers. Kind of pointless if you have a new version to get a key for an old version though. Or was it keys for old versions of most of their software?

DeathAxe, if it's so easy to find you could have at least posted a link to an example. Windows Movie Maker won't let you export in anything except for wmv as far as I'm aware and is unlikely to import h264, let alone export it.

You have a web browser don't you?

DeathAxe, if it's so easy to find you could have at least posted a link to an example. Windows Movie Maker won't let you export in anything except for wmv as far as I'm aware and is unlikely to import h264, let alone export it.

Provided you've got H264 direct show codecs on your machine (many people do), Windows Movie Maker will be able to import and export from the format.

You have a web browser don't you?

As useless as ever aren't you.

Thanks for the posts everyone. Well almost everyone.

Im going to try windows movie maker, its not currently installed on my machine, i have to download it but ill give it a go.

Almost? well considering you went with my suggestion.... anywho, if you search like I suggested, you might find something better, some good results came up https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=windows+movie+maker+alternatives&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs&gfe_rd=cr&ei=QBRiU5WmDaPR8ge32YDoCQ

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 10:32 ----------

Also this (as I also suggested) http://alternativeto.net/software/windows-movie-maker/?platform=windows

As useless as ever aren't you.

Hes being very helpfull as its against t&c 's to discuss what you should google... :cool:

I agree with him.