Rescue place needed for dog asap

Harvey is a nearly 6 year old tan/blue staffy. His owner is in bad health and 78, she can no longer keep him. Are there any spaces in a rescue that could take him?

Have you called any rescues to ask?

No not yet. Only just been asked today to help find him somewhere. I was not sure if anybody here worked at one that knew of any spaces hence my post.

You could try cinnamon trust but if not known to them you will. Be lucky with help from them .maybe best route is a temporary foster home as way too many staffs out there needing homes .some poor dogs been stuck in kennels for 2yr or more I would try newspapers etc placing an ad you could put a post on rescuers united someone on there might help .pretty much everyone full to bursting point with staffs but if he's a nice guy I would try media etc to push for a home for him

I'm sorry to say that finding a rescue space may be difficult as the beautiful, loyal and gentle staff is one breed that pounds are bursting at the seams with...

Although it seems harsh, he would be seen as "low risk" right now (which you can understand considering fighting dogs, bait dogs and neglect cases)

You could ask http://www.seniorstaffyclub.co.uk for advice, although at 6 he is just under the "senior" criteria

AnyDogIlDo are also fabulous and have a Staffy "wing" http://www.anydogildorescue.org/ - although based in Scotland it's quite common for rescue spaces to be found 100s of miles away, and volunteer transport networks are in place to get dogs to their rescue spaces - I've helped on one leg of a run from Plymouth to Aberdeen before now!

Point being there are fabulous local rescues in Sheffield but all rescues are overloaded and the net might need to be cast wider - can't hurt to ask other rescues out of the area

Thank you. I have contacted many rescues and charities and he either doesnt fit criteria or due to finacial constraints they are no longer taking anymore dogs in. That said she has decided to keep him, im not sure how this will work out as he is urinating all over and opening his bowels wherever he can in the house and she cannot walk him.

I would offer to walk him myself but that would mean 2 trips a day from swallownest to grassmoor and with a 3,2 year olds and a 9 week old baby it is too much for me to take on.

I dont have the time to help her yet he will destroy her new bungalow its such a sad situation

Couldn't she get help in fencing off the garden, the poor dog has to do it's business somewhere

Surely she is able to let him outside to do his business?

Can't some one help and get an outside kennel and run for the daytime and then hopefully at night he will be sorted otherwise if he's as bad as that I would get him a crate for the nighttime that will take pressure off her cleaning up etc

---------- Post added 27-04-2014 at 20:23 ----------

Plus place an ad in local shops post offices etc you will be surprised how many folk would love to walk a dog with out owning them and the responsibility