Where to buy reasonable price beds

Build your own it will be better and last longer.

Hmmm. Perhaps, but most people don't have the tools, expertise or materials to make a 'nice' bed.

And then of course the mattress.......

I recently purchased a bed from GetLaidBeds

I'd definitely recommend them, I went for express delivery and it came within 2 days! They also offer a lot of customisation and size variations, I went for the Super King bed myself and it's so comfortable. It only took me 20 minutes to put together!

Some useful recommendations on here, particularly for the local outlets. Bumping to see if anyone else has had some good experiences of late? We're after a king size ottoman and Dreams' offering comes in at a nudge over £500. All options considered.

Guest busdriver1
I will have a look at these KHAN190 you must rate them highly, you have recommended them a bunch of times?

or he owns it

John Lewis are good value. We bought a frame and mattress 10 years ago and still comfy although we ought to think about a new mattress soon.

Some useful recommendations on here, particularly for the local outlets. Bumping to see if anyone else has had some good experiences of late? We're after a king size ottoman and Dreams' offering comes in at a nudge over £500. All options considered.

Buy the best quality you can afford, it will last better in the long run. We have bought from a few different places but the last few years we bought two beds and mattresses for our wooden framed spare beds from Bensons for beds. The mattress for the spare bed was around £500, its quite a firm mattress as far as the ratings go but its nowhere near as comfy as our own bed and mattress which was a bit more expensive.

They gave us a phone number to call for a charity to come to collect the old mattress to be donated to homeless people. It has to be a clean mattress for this though.

If you're anywhere near Intake, pop in and see the folks at Beds For Everyone

We picked up a decent quality solid oak frame there, to go under a couple of Ikea mattresses. Nothing against BFE's mattresses as they do deem to have a good selection at a decent price.

http://www.mattress.co.uk is the official factory clearance site for Silentnight. Got my king size from there and its great, plus they deliver it.

Thanks for the link Brunette, may need that site in the near future.

..........discount beds on Alderson Road, near Bramhall lane

Someone asking about vacuum packed mattresses my neighbour got one last week says you have to open up and lay out the mattress on the bed for a full day before use then it is fine also just a tip if going to beds for everyone double check after delivery we did not get the bed we ordered didn't notice for a couple of weeks as it was very similar but a cheaper version they wouldn't do anything about it it lasted less than 18 moths felt very ripped off got the next one from Needful Things discount furniture on Owler lane up near Northern Gen. Would recommend them every time