City Council Elections 2014

If you could read you'd see he was posting about Central Ward where UKIP aren't standing. Of course you live in Barnsley and so this thread doesn't concern you.

---------- Post added 29-04-2014 at 11:18 ----------

Just one year? If you get elected you'll be elected for four years although you may have to stand again in two years in proposed reforms go through Parliament;

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/elections/electoral-review.html

If you're going to stand for election you could at least know in advance what your responsibilities are going to be. It's a good job you haven't a prayer of getting in, even with god on your side.

OOPS! missed all the messages the mods may have deleted.

councillors are only elected for one year at a time.

my responsibilities will be to serve the people of burngreave ward and the whole of sheffield to the best of my abilities.

god will be on everyones side all the time, will be different gods - each to his own. prayers are a way of expressing faith in a visible way. i also have my family, friends and neighbours on my side too.

my predecessor finished third last year - a commendable achievement.

for me to win this year i will need a lot of support from the people of burngreave ward to vote for me instead of their usual party. i need about 3,000 votes more than our UKIP candidate got last year.

it would be a great help if people who do not normally use their vote, got together with some friends, had a cup of tea ( i'll leave the beer to nigel!) then all went to vote together.

HOW ABOUT IT BURNGREAVE WARD?

i would love to be able to celebrate becoming Sheffield's first UKIP councillor and would do so with a hobnob to dunk in my strong cuppa.

pity i cannot invite everyone to the town hall for a brew!

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are several members of this Forum standing as candidates.

Could they possibly explain how they intend to show their use of the Forum during the Regulated Period on their expenses report?

Oh, who?

I know Jeffrey Shaw is standing for Ukip in Nether Edge ward and he's made a post about it, but who else?

Muckymurphy is standing in Burngreave.

He's made a post about it too.

I think that Jeffrey's has a bit more class.

" LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Oh dear.

Just for the record, SCC Councillor's are not elected for a fixed 1 year term.... It is a 4 year post!

Just for the record, SCC Councillor's are not elected for a fixed 1 year term.... It is a 4 year post!

Indeed. But, try telling that to our prospective UKIP candidate for Burngreave.

That demonstrates his understanding of local democracy.

He's pretty busy though, blaming a variety of natural phenomena on the existence of gay marriage:rolleyes:

Good old Sheffield City Council:

Deciding not to release the list of candidates on the internet in a portable format, but instead using proprietary software which must be purchased first by anyone wishing to read it.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/elections/elections-22-may.html

Good old Sheffield City Council:

Deciding not to release the list of candidates on the internet in a portable format, but instead using proprietary software which must be purchased first by anyone wishing to read it.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/elections/elections-22-may.html

I think you'll find DOCX can be opened by free software without a problem :) (MS was pressurized into making it an open format by the EU years ago)

Agree that it is a bit tacky to not have it on the site directly though, goes to show the severe limitations of CMSs.

I think you'll find DOCX can be opened by free software without a problem :) (MS was pressurized into making it an open format by the EU years ago)

Agree that it is a bit tacky to not have it on the site directly though, goes to show the severe limitations of CMSs.

Ah. It's trying to force me to open word.

Probably a limitation of the browser?