City Council Elections 2014

To be fair, I can understand people thinking about voting for UKIP in the EU elections as that's their one main policy. I really can't see the benefit of voting for them in the local councillor elections though - surely Sheffield can't pull out of the EU on its own :confused:

You've either taken one sentence from a discussion, then removed the context of the discussion to present something as having a literal meaning, or if we are to believe you believe he had a literal meaning, we must also believe you took the rest of the post as literal too.

Have I upset you? In the original Sodom and Gomorrah post muckymurphy argued (seriously) that the 2007 floods in Neepsend were due to god's wrath at prostitution down there. Muckymurphy was being serious then and he is still defending that comment. He posted yesterday "i stand by everything i post though sometimes my opinion may change over time." No change of tune there.

Edited by Detetcive

The last bit of his post doesn't negate his claim that the 2007 floods were due to god's wrath at prostitution in Neepsend. He was defending the UKIP councillor's claim that the recent floods were due to gay marriage. He was arguing the same principle, that floods are god's wrath. Has muckymurphy thought about becoming a weather forecaster?
...........and have you thought about taking over J K Rowlings job as a writer of kids fantasies?

VOTE..Liberals for Sheffield, Ukip for the EU, and Conservative in the nationals to carry on doing a good job left by the last lot of imbeciles!

Although I'm a federalist I understand why people vote UKIP. The mainstream parties lied to people when we set up the Common Market when the reality is it was a federal Europe people were signing up for.

The main problem we have now though is that no mainstream party can defeat UKIP as the only way they can do it. Is to settle the argument once and for all and have a referendum on a federal Europe.

They wont do that as they dont like giving people a choice. So the net result is we unfortunatly will get UKIP.

I will be voting Labour in council and labour for the European Elections.

Anyone interested in real debate on the issues in Central Ward can come to a candidate hustings at the Broomhall Centre, Broomspring Lane, today 3-5pm. The candidates from the main contenders will be there plus some European candidates too.

UKIP haven't put up a candidate in Central Ward.

Sounds good ... a UKIP-free zone!

[/u][/b]my wife wants to know, if when UKIP win the general election and get us out of the EU, whether the french will have a revolution and put lemaquis to le guillotine? it's just that she has some knitting to do and would like to go along and watch! :D:hihi:

Has she cleaned behind the fridge yet? :hihi:

Wont be for long................... looks like the mian three useless parties are starting to get a little nervous .

Wont be for long................... looks like the mian three useless parties are starting to get a little nervous .

If you could read you'd see he was posting about Central Ward where UKIP aren't standing. Of course you live in Barnsley and so this thread doesn't concern you.

---------- Post added 29-04-2014 at 11:18 ----------

I hope everyone who can vote on the 22nd of May will consider me as their choice and give me one year in office ......

Just one year? If you get elected you'll be elected for four years although you may have to stand again in two years in proposed reforms go through Parliament;

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/elections/electoral-review.html

If you're going to stand for election you could at least know in advance what your responsibilities are going to be. It's a good job you haven't a prayer of getting in, even with god on your side.

If you cannot remain civil i will be happy to suspend your accounts until such time as you can behave like adults.

Your reply to Woodmally............."UKIP haven't put up a candidate in Central Ward."

....... why waste time in cloth cap and whippet land where people are still grounded in entitlements and benefits?

Edited by Oh Carol