City Council Elections 2014

Please use your vote people!

Oh I will be. To kick the Labour morons out of office.

Oh I will be. To kick the Labour morons out of office.

And select another set of greedier morons in their place . . . .

Surely they can't be worse than Labour.

the grass is always greener on the other side,but when one party has a huge more seats than the other that is normally bad for all the general public

The Lib-Dems in parliament are in my opinion useless, but I feel that in Sheffield the local Lib-Dems are far more in tune with the needs of the people of Sheffield than the present incumbents who seem more interested in party dogma rather than in the people of Sheffield.

You seem to forget who was in charge before the present incumbents, I will give you a clue

No matter who you vote for, the council get in.

That'll be the LibDems, then.

Sheffield continually cycles between LibDem and Labour, to the detriment of the city.

Having a Labour council with a ConDemNation government coupled with a local MP who is also the Deputy PM means that whenever anything positive happens, such as the Olympic swimming team training at Ponds Forge, Nick Clegg will attempt to claim all the credit, while the Labour council will say the event only came to Sheffield because they brought the World Student Games here 20 years ago.

When anything negative happens, such as the cuts to public services, the Labour council will blame the ConDemNation coalition for starving local councils of funds, while Nick Clegg and Paul Scriven will shift all the blame on to the last Labour government for leaving the country's finances in such a bad state.

And while Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool seem to have recovered from Thatcher's destruction of the North with impressive results, Sheffield seems to be stuck on this merry-go round of being a third-rate city run by a third-rate local government.

Now that Nigel Farage is suddenly the Man of All People, my vote will go the either of UKIP, the TUSC or the Greens.

I'd have voted BNP but they don't have any candidates, and the EDL seem to have disintegrated ever since Tommy Robinson converted to Islam.

if i remember. somewhere in the distant past that god destroyed the cities of Soddom and Gommorrah because they had become dens of vice and iniquity? (is that the word?)

when we had the sheffield flood in 2007, one of the badly affected areas was neepsend. strange that, considering a lot of the sheffield prostitutes ply their trade in that area. Ahem, perhaps we are being warned.

Thank you.

I'm sure the voters of Burngreave will be flocking to vote for someone who thinks the 2007 floods were caused by prostitution.

I'm sure the 30% of sheffields population who actually vote at council elections will be chomping at the bit. The other 70% won't give a tupenny toss. Do sheffielders notice a difference when one party or another has overall control? I'm asking the 70% who don't vote really.