What new shop in hillsborough?

Very civilised...not at all backstreet or grubby. Pleasant staff.:)

I'll not bother going there then.

I think Hillsborough is missing a cash for gold shop, possibly a pound shop, or even a cheap 'bargains' type shop.

There's a poundland in Hillsborough Barracks

---------- Post added 28-04-2014 at 19:16 ----------

A costa coffee maybe?

That may be on cards sooner than you think

Yeah. Have you ever been in? Asked them for a quote? Don't bother.

---------- Post added 28-04-2014 at 14:05 ----------

Absolutely another. Just because Hillsborough has (eg) a craft shop, doesn't mean it's good for craft shops.It means there is one mediocre craft shop. Ever heard of clustering? If there were more of a certain type of shop, it'd attract people who shop for craft supplies to the area, and drive up demand, and competition, and standards. And it'd bring business to the area.

So, yeah. More independent shops, please.

Yes have been in many times for spares, have always been capable of carrying

out repairs myself so never needed a quote. Prices always seemed to compare

with other shops I have used.

---------- Post added 28-04-2014 at 19:31 ----------

I'd like to see a Sports direct or something similar. There's nowhere to my knowledge round the area that sells sport equipment.

There is DB Sport on Holme Lane Who supply team shirts, shorts, etc

If this is any use to you.

There is DB Sport on Holme Lane Who supply team shirts, shorts, etc

If this is any use to you.

Didn't know about them, thanks.

However, this isn't rally ideal. Looking for somewhere where I can pick up a football or a few tennis rackets and maybe just some simple jogging gear.

My other half wants to open a running/sports shop and was looking at the shops that face on to the park next to the tram shop to entice all the running club members in. Was looking at something running specific like Keep on Running at Attercliffe, is this something that would do well do you guys on here think?

My other half wants to open a running/sports shop and was looking at the shops that face on to the park next to the tram shop to entice all the running club members in. Was looking at something running specific like Keep on Running at Attercliffe, is this something that would do well do you guys on here think?

There have been sports shops in that area that have shut/moved. I don't see why it wouldn't work but it'd obviously need a lot of thought, and to avoid being a 'trying on' shop where people then walk out and buy online.

If you were able to offer services and deals for club members then that would be great, but I guess other shops might have got in on that.

Gait analysis would definitely need to be offered. Evenings and early saturday opening times to coincide with club training and the ParkRun may well help too.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 19:03 ----------

Didn't know about them, thanks.

However, this isn't rally ideal. Looking for somewhere where I can pick up a football or a few tennis rackets and maybe just some simple jogging gear.

You're best of going to decathlon for that kind of stuff. You won't really find anywhere cheaper.

Gait analysis is a definite. And opening around when people would generally be running in the park, so late night openeing week days and as much as possible at weekends. The same goes for discounts for running club members amongst other stuff.

Still a lot of work to be done on the business plan yet as well as sorting all stocks and stuff but it's something we're looking at.

mrbrit, try John Lewis. Not exactly local but they keep stock in the back that's sometimes been marked down by huge amounts during clearance and not sold.

There have been sports shops in that area that have shut/moved. I don't see why it wouldn't work but it'd obviously need a lot of thought, and to avoid being a 'trying on' shop where people then walk out and buy online.

If you were able to offer services and deals for club members then that would be great, but I guess other shops might have got in on that.

Gait analysis would definitely need to be offered. Evenings and early saturday opening times to coincide with club training and the ParkRun may well help too.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 19:03 ----------

You're best of going to decathlon for that kind of stuff. You won't really find anywhere cheaper.

Gait analysis is a definite. And opening around when people would generally be running in the park, so late night openeing week days and as much as possible at weekends. The same goes for discounts for running club members amongst other stuff.

Still a lot of work to be done on the business plan yet as well as sorting all stocks and stuff but it's something we're looking at.

mrbrit, try John Lewis. Not exactly local but they keep stock in the back that's sometimes been marked down by huge amounts during clearance and not sold.

Price really isn't the problem. It's the location. Don't really want to traipse into town for a pair of joggers or a football :D

On the subject...what's happening with Subway? Is it just a refurb or has it closed?

On the subject...what's happening with Subway? Is it just a refurb or has it closed?

Refurb, saw a sign on the door while walking past earlier.

Refurb, saw a sign on the door while walking past earlier.

Oh great, my daughter was distraught when we drove past earlier. Said everything had been ripped out. She'll be pleased to know, thanks.

I think a shop catering for maybe in the " main " running and cycling gear could do well. Joggers and cyclist seem to very fashion aware ie they seem to like to have the latest gear and look good. Maybe gym gear as well. Maybe forget the rest .I think with these three groups of people you could have a great bussiness if you could supply them with the gear they wanted. "Ridejoggym Gear" even got you name!!