Speed limit on Penistone Road

All those of you that may want to know if the parkway camera near park square round about works then i will let you know shortly as i forgot to slow down to 40 and was going 50 so a fine will be in the post soon lol.

Did it flash? as its the old style camera that runs on wet film, so if it was full and no flash you will be ok.

parkway is 70mph after the asda for sure as it has a distinct central reservation and NSL signs. It is 70!

If there is a central reservation like the one on the parkway- its 70.

It's only 70 for a car/car derived van.

For a van/minibus/LGV up to 7.5 tonnes it's 60

Edited by DT Ralge
got it wrong - thought 7.5 tonnes but typed 3.5

Always remember your car speedo is always exaggarated, usually around 6 MPH out. Even on modern digital speed displays, the speed is always rounded up a bit. The true speed of your car can only be determined using SAT NAV, which in most versions will have options to display vehicle speed and its accurate to 0.1 MPH. I frequetnyl do 38 in a 30 MPH zone according to me car speedo, but sat nav shows a steady 30 which is the true speed. Plus also remember speed cameras wont snap you if you are a few MPH over the limit, although it depends on the Police/local authority policy on certain roads, most of the time you can be a few MPH over the limit and the cameras will ignore you. Some times mobile units will ignore anything that is not at least 8 MPH over the limit (as seen on a recent road wars program) other times they can be less tolerant, but you will never be pulled or snapped for doing 31-32MPH in a 30 zone....

Except in N Wales where no tolerance is given.

Except when caught by a mobile unit who do not work on the same tolerance band as fixed units.

Now that's pedanting :P

Sorry, I couldn't resist it (and not a Borg in sight):D

30 mph and then its 40 on halifax road! Sometimes mobile cameras operate

Did it flash? as its the old style camera that runs on wet film, so if it was full and no flash you will be ok.

No it didnt flash :):D

i think its 100mph zone ;) haha

Good- then you will soon be off our roads :D :D

I'm sure many drivers will be aware of the camera van frequently parked just above Deerlands Avenue/Halifax Rd junction. I always thought that they monitored vehicles travelling into town, but the other day a friend was caught doing 37mph in this vicinity going out of town. I have also seen motorcycle cops with radar guns parked round the long sweeping left hander following Cowper Avenue, outward bound.

If you're leaving town it's very difficult to spot that mobile camera on Halifax Road. I know it's often there, so I'm extra careful. It's easy to get caught out if you're trying to overtake a slow moving vehicle before the 30 zone starts. Notice that they moved the 30 zone several hundred yards down the hill, onto the dual carriageway, when they resurfaced and remodelled the junction there recently.

I've always thought it seems more set up to catch people coming out of the 40mph limit, as it's pointing down the hill and has a clear view of the opposite carriageway. If they wanted to catch people going into town they'd point the camera the other way and get them before they spot the camera. At the moment it's easy to spot if you're going into town and slow down before you get into its camera view.