Best Cycling Routes Around Sheffield

Where would people recommend as the best places to head out cycling in the surrounding local area?

On the Trans Pennine Trail between Wortley and Dunford Bridge.

It's a nice route with a very steady incline the whole way along (making the journey back easier) and most importantly......No mixing with cars.

Regards

Doom

Depends what sort of cycling you want? I mean, do you want road, off road?

If you want off road, try Monsal trail or Tissington Trail. Be careful of the walkers though, there are some right uptight walkers on those trails.

Where would people recommend as the best places to head out cycling in the surrounding local area?

Why not cycle some of the Tour-de-france route??

Holmfirth to Oughtibridge is a good route through some beautiful countryside.

Here is my favourite ride.

Leave Gleadless town end head out past old Harrow to Mosbro take the A616 through Creswell then Ollerton follow signs for Newark ,at Newark take coffee at the trent side cafe then turn around and take same route back.

The first ten miles have some minor climbs but then its all flat , coming back the last ten miles will make you know that you have had a good workout. About 80 miles round trip.

On the Trans Pennine Trail between Wortley and Dunford Bridge.

It's a nice route with a very steady incline the whole way along (making the journey back easier) and most importantly......No mixing with cars.

Regards

Doom

Has anybody else tried this one?

Regards

Doom

Bradfield Dam

Any route is good as long as your riding.Just get out n ride

The new riverside path from Treeton to Rother Valley is good.

Has anybody else tried this one?

Regards

Doom

I did it last Easter, and recommended it to some friends who have just done it and seemed to enjoy it :)

We did Deepcar to Dunford Bridge and took a detour up Windle Edge, back through a town (can't remember which) and rejoined the trail again.

---------- Post added 07-04-2015 at 17:08 ----------

As someone said earlier, it depends what bike you have and what terrain you are looking for. I like the ride round Derwent reservoir, a few hills and bumpy bits, but not too difficult. The route we do is roughly 11 miles, and you can have a coffee and cake after at the little cafe :)

I also like the fire tracks in Grenoside / Wharncliffe Woods, there's a few routes you can take.