Worst Road in Sheffield

Carosio has just mentioned the ' latest city wide improvements' to the roads BUT to me , it looks like the council are just improving the roads that the Tour de France will be using - to make Sheffield look good! What do you think?

Carosio has just mentioned the ' latest city wide improvements' to the roads BUT to me , it looks like the council are just improving the roads that the Tour de France will be using - to make Sheffield look good! What do you think?

Then you need to look harder.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/schemes/streetsaheadproject/works-schedules/works-map.html

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/schemes/streetsaheadproject/works-schedules.html

jb

Don't think the Tour is coming to the side streets of Woodseats :D

No, but Amey seem to have missed quite a few side streets in Woodseats :suspect:

Gladstone Road S10

Greystones Rd & Falkland Rd S11.

What happened to the £26 billion resurfacing programme...?

Ball Road off Holme Lane has endless pot holes.

Gladstone Road S10

It's barely started and has resurfaced many roads already.

You read the bit about the initial work taking 5 years right?

Crumpsall Road s5. Its like a patchwork quilt!

Gladstone Road S10

Where have you plucked that figure from?

The state of the roads in this city have been an issue for over 40 years. I was born in the 60's and remember it being a regular topic of complaint and ridicule from the early 70's. We had family visit from a host of different towns throughout the UK and they always commented on the state of the roads. I have recently temporarily moved back to the city after 22 years away. I have lived in Wiltshire, Berkshire, Derbyshire, North Yorkshire and Co Durham and can honestly say the roads in Sheffield are incredibly bad, much worse than anywhere else in the UK. Is it not about time all the habbitual Labour voters gave one of the other parties a chance to support this once great city. I could rant on for ages about this, but it appears that any project the council gets involved in falls apart. I spent time in Nottingham, Reading, Swindon and Darlington all of which have undergone regeneration and are all now wonderful places to live, with great city centres. Come on Sheffield council pull your finger out, it's starting to become embarrasing now!!!

close between Hartley Brook Road and Deerlands ave both need 4x4's to go down them

Gladstone Road S10

The cost according to the City Council website, is £2 billion

and will be completed by 2017. Plus a further 25 years of Maintenance.

Perhaps you could post a link to confirm your £26 billion cost