Worst Road in Sheffield

I'm fairly new to the forum, just interested in people's views. Whilst the website is of course to do with my interests, so are the opinions of people in the local area - hence joining this forum. I'm sure people will only visit the website if they're interested in related topics. I'm more interested in what people in Sheffield think about the topics I'm interested in, not self-promotion. Will try and approach differently now :)

Even if you was promoting your business Im not sure if your allowed to do so on here but loads of others seem to do it we all have to make a living I see nothing wrong with doing so.

Anyway back to the main point I drive all over sheffield and woodhouse lane in Beighton is the worst I've driven on its horrendous.

Try having a drive down Blackburn road down near the three cranes its like shooting the rapids,they could train sailors on that road...

Edited by Lobos

Hartley Brook Road...........it is appalling

It was one of the worst residential roads in Sheffield, it was so bad that a couple of years ago they had to re-surface some sections of it before the latest city-wide programme began.

Try having a drive down Blackburn road down near the three cranes its like shooting the rapids,they could train sailors on that road...
Some of the roads in semi-industrial areas are amongst the worst like Harvest Lane S3.

I'm thinking Blackstock Road as it is a bus route and a main thoroughfare.

Another for Blackstock Road it's awful!

Wynyard Road - Hillsborough. Absolutely shocking, if you do anymore than 5mph you start bouncing!

Can't imagine many cyclists tackling that one either

There are lots of bad residential roads out there but as far as trunk roads go. The parkway between the M1 and the Mosborough parkway doesnt get much worse.

As a cyclist my least favourite road for surface is Tinsley Park Road.

Standon Road, Standon Crescent @ Wincobank....a disgrace.

Norton Lane and Chesterfield Road - Below Homebase

Blackstock Road is an absolute joke, and Hemsworth Road for that matter.

Oh and then there's Whirlodale Road.... That's just a few that spring to mind!

Also, really don't get this resurfacing thing either. Our road has been resurfaced while the next one along, which is in worse condition hasn't, what's all that about? :suspect:

I'm on Deerlands Ave and it is in a pretty bad way. But no Street's Ahead work scheduled for a while.... :/

Il second that Deerlands is terrible.