Worst Road in Sheffield

Westland road S20 gets my vote, over its short length it averages about 3 potholes per metre. even the patches have patches on patches etc. :loopy:

I totally agree. I have yet to find any adopted road that is as bad anywhere. It was laid down in the 70s and has never been touched since It is just a patchwork of patches. It does seem though that it might be sorted shortly as Amey have been putting in lots of new dropped curbs and some of it's side roads are scheduled to be resurfaced imminently. Hurrah.

the dronfield by-pass is a bad road for accidents and fatalities usually 5 or 6 deaths a year In there in cars or as pedestrians and motor cyclists

I cant help but mention that there will be more than a few drivers on here that will have been around when some of the roads mentioned on this thread were and I quote "resurfaced". some of the trouble stem from the fact that the quality of the work is so bad it resembles putting lipstick on a corpse IE useless.

Noticed Mansfield Road at Intake which has been done in last six months or so already has quite a few patches on it from utilities, is crumbling around some grates and looks like has a bit of subsidence or a very bad patch repair. The estate where I live us now in tatters on several streets and we are scheduled for 2017, it will never last.

Noticed that myself in other areas. As you said poor workmanship and one bad winter and they will be as bad again

Woodhouse lane in Beighton is terrible, going over the speed humps is the smoothest part of the road, a real bone shaker of a road.

Agreed its also been like that for years. Sheffield Road in woodhouse is also a disgrace.

Always makes me annoyed when they put traffic calming measures on roads like woodhouse lane when its clear nobody has actually touched the road surface for 10 years. Its like a potato field.

Westland road S20 gets my vote, over its short length it averages about 3 potholes per metre. even the patches have patches on patches etc. :loopy:

lol , start my ride to work on it, its more smother going through Bowden woods, going to be a nightmare for parking when they start work on it

Another vote for Roach Road in Hunters Bar. Truly awful.

Just moved to Greenhill and they arent any better there either