Nigel farage in sheffield. Did you go?

Has your opinion of UKIP changed after attending this speech?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Has your opinion of UKIP changed after attending this speech?

• Yes, I feel inspired and will now vote for UKIP.
    • No, but I vote for UKIP anyway.
    • No, I will vote for my usual useless party.
    • What speech?

Nigel Farage employs immigrant and exploits them with long unsociable hours for modest pay. What happened to British jobs for the British People eh Nige??

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/22/ukip-nigel-farage-wife_n_5191646.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Nigel Farage accused of unaccounted spending of allowances... quoted "...I can spend them as I see fit..." All that gobbing off about Greedy MPs misusing their allowances eh Nige??

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ukip-leader-nigel-farage-claims-to-be-victim-of-a-smear-campaign-over-eu-expenses-9262476.html

Oh and lets not forget a handful of some of their OTHER policies slightly less well publicised compared to the broken record that is their immigration soundbites

Introduce a flat rate tax at 31%

Further cuts to state finances with estimated loss of 2m public sector jobs

Outsourcing/francising of NHS resources

Increase Defence spending

Increase nuclear power spending

Cap child benefits and introduce further welfare reforms to "simple cash benefit"

End "active promotion" of the multiculturalism

Opposition to "excessive" house building programmes.

Reintroduce smoking in public houses.

Support of fossil fuel power and scrap wind power production

Man of the people? Representative of hard working ordinary people?

A desprately needed change from the usual three?

Horse crap. Just a mouthpiece with very good skills in minipulating the media and masses. People are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Nigel Farage employs immigrant and exploits them with long unsociable hours for modest pay. What happened to British jobs for the British People eh Nige??

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/22/ukip-nigel-farage-wife_n_5191646.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Nigel Farage accused of unaccounted spending of allowances... quoted "...I can spend them as I see fit..." All that gobbing off about Greedy MPs misusing their allowances eh Nige??

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ukip-leader-nigel-farage-claims-to-be-victim-of-a-smear-campaign-over-eu-expenses-9262476.html

Oh and lets not forget a handful of some of their OTHER policies slightly less well publicised compared to the broken record that is their immigration soundbites

Cap child benefits and introduce further welfare reforms to "simple cash benefit"

Man of the people? Representative of hard working ordinary people?

A desprately needed change from the usual three?

Horse crap. Just a mouthpiece with very good skills in minipulating the media and masses. People are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Who do you vote for may i ask ?

Well if you really need to know last General it was the tories and I was rather pleased I did (albeit I would have preferred not to have the dead weight of Cleggy and co attached to them).

Personally, they have done what i expected them to do and seem so far to have slowly begun to fix the mess that Labour have got us in to. Im sure many many others will totally disagree, but hey that's politics.

What I feel angry about Farage & Co is their total hypocracy and foamy mouthed ractions to anything and everything to do with Europe.

At least with the others we all know what to expect even unofficially...

Tories - hate the poor. Look after big business and their rich friends.

Labour - spend spend spend public funds and keep in bed with the unions

Liberals - good mouthpiece on the campaign but will jump into bed with Satan if it got them exposure.

However, Farage really makes me :rant:. A complete hypocrite who changes he tune quicker than an Ipod. Jumping on bandwaggon after bandwaggon whichever the wind blows. All the time covering up their real more dark agenda - as is seen whenever one of their behind the scenes cronies accidently open their mouths ala Godfrey Bloom, Geoffrey Clake, Paul Nuttall.

UKIP - one policy party media whores who are totally clueless and underprepared for any serious governance of the country. I would almost respect them more if they actually were truthful about what they were. An anti EU, right wing traditionalist party - a softcore BNP.

Like him or lothe him, at least Nick Griffin stands by what he says - even if it is totally outrageous. Farage lacks the bottle to do that and is all passive aggressive sliming his way into mainstream acceptance.

Edited by ECCOnoob

You forgot

Prioritize pharmaceutical companies' profits over patient safety.

In the recent EU vote to force drug companies to release all their clinical trial data for new drugs, all the 4 UKIP MEPs who voted (out of 9 in total) voted against. No other UK MEP voted against. You can find the details here. So was this just UKIP opposing EU legislation? Someone emailed their MEPs about the clinical trials vote and published the UKIP MEP's response:

Commercial confidence is also a key concern for big pharma, who as we know, are not blameless or necessarily highly accountable in their publications and clinical trials. However, we need to bear in mind that they do have legitimate commercial secrets and that the cost of producing new drugs can be very high. It is simply useless ‘noise’ in the system to publish all trials, successful or not, and regardless of the commercial intentions with respect to each drug. Most unsuccessful drugs are simply thrown in the bin or filed for future reference. These failed experiments and trials do not need to be published.

It's crucially important that doctors and organisations such as NICE have access to ALL clinical trials data to ensure that they prescribe/approve drugs that are the most effective with fewest side effects. (See my sig for a campaign to help get the data released.)

When this doesn't happen you get situations occurring like the one were Vioxx, which increases heart attack risk, was prescribed to patients already at high risk of heart attacks or Tamiflu, which the UK alone spent £473m on when it turns out that it's no more effective than paracetamol.

Except ... we're in Sheffield. It's local elections. UKIP don't have sense to say and aren't going to get elected. on the other hand, the Green Party has elected Councillors here and is actually contributing something as a sensible opposition to LibLabcon

I thought UKIP were launching their European Parliament election campaign, not their Sheffield Council election campaign?

I thought UKIP were launching their European Parliament election campaign, not their Sheffield Council election campaign?

Both- the polls are being held on the same date (22 May).

The Main Objective is to get the Cons out first so dont go throwing votes away on a party that has no chance of getting in just yet, vote labour and get the Toffs out.:suspect:

Dont you think they have done enough damage in sheffield already ?

---------- Post added 24-04-2014 at 18:19 ----------

Does UKIP still want to dismantle the public sector to fund massive tax cuts for high earners and getting rid of inheritance tax? They're so far to the right on taxation/public services they make the Tories look like communists.

And the problem with that is ? Inheritance Tax is Draconian and should have been scrapped decades ago.

I was walking through Barker's Pool on my way to elsewhere and saw him about, taking questions from the press and public. Quite a few people were heckling him (variations of 'racist' and so on) and there was one guy who clapped at the end of each of his sentences. I felt like that was an acceptable ratio.

Both- the polls are being held on the same date (22 May).

I suspect that European Elections might have taken priority, given that it's a national campaign and UKIP's mission is to get Britain out of the EU.

Dont you think they have done enough damage in sheffield already ?

---------- Post added 24-04-2014 at 18:19 ----------

And the problem with that is ? Inheritance Tax is Draconian and should have been scrapped decades ago.

Only one man can save us,no not Superman, Super Blair, he sorted this country after the last to Tory Demolition, SuperBlair if your reading this, the Country needs you again in our darkest hour. :thumbsup::hihi:

Only one man can save us,no not Superman, Super Blair, he sorted this country after the last to Tory Demolition, SuperBlair if your reading this, the Country needs you again in our darkest hour. :thumbsup::hihi:

Hasn't this evil man done enough damage to the country or even the world and now he's paid to be a " peacemaker " what a laugh.

Yes he will go down in history for all the wrong reasons.

---------- Post added 24-04-2014 at 19:23 ----------

Were there many there?

Poor old Nige looked pretty lonely in Barker's Pool, on the news.

He wasn't that lonely Paul Sykes the founder of Meadowhall was beside him.

Paul Sykes now gives to UKIP instead of Labour.

That must say something, he's no mug.