Nigel farage in sheffield. Did you go?

Has your opinion of UKIP changed after attending this speech?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Has your opinion of UKIP changed after attending this speech?

• Yes, I feel inspired and will now vote for UKIP.
    • No, but I vote for UKIP anyway.
    • No, I will vote for my usual useless party.
    • What speech?

Ill vote as I always do. By not voting! Dont see the point as nothing changes regardless of whoever is in

I'm a little confused by the 4th option, it seems a little contradictory to the question. :hihi:

I didn't attend, but will be voting for UKIP regardless.

This comment in The Police are Useless thread is one of the many reasons for voting UKIP:

I listened to this, although it left me somewhat confused when the youth worker said he knew the culprits & their parents but said the parents couldn't speak english & so couldn't discipline their sons. He said that was left to the older siblings. How on earth do they communicate with their offspring.

Regards

Doom

Only Labour purport to represent the working classes which is both a joke and an insult.

Does UKIP still want to dismantle the public sector to fund massive tax cuts for high earners and getting rid of inheritance tax? They're so far to the right on taxation/public services they make the Tories look like communists.

I went. I was looking out for you but didn't see you there though, sorry if you couldn't make it mate.

Great speeches from Jane Collins who is the MEP candidate, Amjed Bashir who is Small and Medium Business spokesman and Nigel. All were given a loud and warm Sheffield welcome.

I had chance to speak with Amjed after, very nice and down to earth bloke.

I have just met someone who went and they were as equally impressed as yourself especially the bit what went something like"Hi help me get my nose in the EU trough next to Saint Nige, we find that the Euro Elections are a very convenient way of enriching ourselves as people tend to protest vote at these elections and as we have already stated we don't agree with Europe we don't have to do a dammned thing for your money.Don't expect me to resign my seat to stand at the general election though and derail the gravytrain as that would make me as stupid as you peasants.So long suckers" or that's at least what I think he said!:loopy:

Conservatives still haven't got over idea that Thatcher is somehow responsible for crippling the North.

North, crippled? You should open your eyes and visit some other cities in the region which are doing pretty well.

North, crippled? You should open your eyes and visit some other cities in the region which are doing pretty well.

My comment was from a Sheffield voters point of view. Your average Sheffielder was, at least until recently, convinced that Thatcher and by association the Conservatives were solely responsible for all their woes.

I'm only too aware that Leeds/Manchester/Liverpool are all doing just dandy.

My comment was from a Sheffield voters point of view. Your average Sheffielder was, at least until recently, convinced that Thatcher and by association the Conservatives were solely responsible for all their woes.

I'm only too aware that Leeds/Manchester/Liverpool are all doing just dandy.

Thatcher left office 24 years ago. That's an awful long time to start to put right many of her (supposed) wrongs (and indeed, there were some).

But what would certain sections of Sheffield's sheep-like voters do without that particularly worn-down axe to grind?

Fair point, totally agree with you there.

Hasn't he changed his name to 'Garage' by deed poll now coz it sounded too French,or was that a joke lol

Hasn't he changed his name to 'Garage' by deed poll now coz it sounded too French,or was that a joke lol

I thought the opposite; what on earth were his parents thinking of, when they christened him Nigel :confused:

It was entertaining enough, but everyone there was already a UKIP voter. I didnt see anyone who wasn't already convinced by what he had to say.

I was surprised to see on his interview last night how he was against the Bulgarians and Rumanians, but was keen to get more people from India migrating to the UK.

The nice thing about the general election and the referendums is they will be an opportunity for everyone to put up and shut up once the votes are counted.