Back shot yes or no.

So do you use back shot as far as I'm concerned I will never fish a pole rig without them.

If there is a lot of tow/movement then yes,if it's flat calm there's no need !!

Do you not use back shot in the margin then animal.

---------- Post added 22-04-2014 at 16:15 ----------

I rarely bother to back shot- but maybe I should.[/quote

You should try it I think back shot are almost as important as droppers.

Edited by sheff 13

As animal says, if the conditions dictate the use of a backshot I will use one or even a string of shot if required but I don't use one as a matter of course.

Well to say almost as important as droppers is perhaps not quite right as they do a totally different job.

But a bulk of back shot especially in the margin helps to keep the rig stable, I picked this up a few years ago at Lindholme earwigging a couple of anglers who were having a days coaching, don't know who the coach was but I thought he knew his stuff.

I also use a back shot down on the eye of the float to dot the bristle right down, this shot can be slid up the line from the float if wind gets up to show more bristle.

Bearing in mind I spend most of my time fishing for silvers if I'm not in the margin.