New Bar in Hillsborough

A new bar will be opening up in Hillsborough. It's the building which used to be La Vida Loca opposite Rawson Spring. It's going to be called 'Bar Mayhem' and is opening May 2014.

With a name like that it isn't going to last long.

Thank goodness, I thought it might have been destined to be another of those pesky local independent shops! There just aren't enough places in Hillsborough to get a drink already.

My dream is for all the shops in Hillsborough to close and be replaced by bars selling lager at £1.50 a pint. The tram tracks would be ripped up and replaced by sand. It would have a 'Ibiza' feel to it.

Maybe some sort of plexi-glass covered walkway joining Bar Mayhem with the Rawson Spring might be good to prevent the inevitable mushings by trams, buses and taxis as people attempt to cross between them whilst tottering on high heels or generally stumbling around drunk.

No doubt it will be a welcome addition to Hillsborough's select and high class drinking establishments.

Anyone know what real ale will be on :hihi:

There is nothing like a positive response - and that was nothing like a positive response!

So tell us more... I assume with a name like that it will be a fairly fun, lively kind of place.

Anything of interest on the beer or music front?

"Bar Mayhem" - with a name like that it can only be "chavtastic"! :hihi:

Can't see it being the biggest bar going...

I heard it was going to be a Starbucks or Costa coffee shop

Anyone know what real ale will be on :hihi:

Carlsberg.

HTH.

"Bar Mayhem" - with a name like that it can only be "chavtastic"! :hihi:

I think it's safe to say they're not going for the real ale crowd!

There's a new(ish) café on Middlewood Road, by the Leppings Lane tram stop, called "Insanity", which strikes me as being an odd name for a place that sells coffee and cake. Sounds more like a night club in Ibiza!

I think it's safe to say they're not going for the real ale crowd!

There's a new(ish) café on Middlewood Road, by the Leppings Lane tram stop, called "Insanity", which strikes me as being an odd name for a place that sells coffee and cake. Sounds more like a night club in Ibiza!

That cafe is bloody awful. Been once and will never go back. In fcat, I very much doubt it will open much longer as everyone says the same thing about it and sorry to say, it's owners. No further comment!!