Anybody struggle to catch this last week?

Been to Aston a few times this last week and had the worse week for ages, on each occaison only caught 4or5 mixed bits, small roach, rud, and small perch, is it still a bit on the cool side or is the place over fed, or it could be my crap Angling, but last year from May through to sept, I went to same places and were hitting Carp, Tench, the majority in double figures, I'm just fishing the same methods , either pole or feeder, oh! before I forget, on each pond on each day plenty more lads were also finding it hard work, can some of you old school splodgers tell us whats going off! :huh: The Icon you can see is me on the Bankside.

Don't think anything is going off, toward the of last week the nights especially were cold and fish prefer settled water temps. The pond at Aston I've fished for the last 5 to 6 weeks has fished very well but didn't fish it after wednes "you get the idea can't bring myself to finish that word"

I always start feeding frugally in spring to see what happens it also helps me if I fish smaller hooks and lighter hook lengths or less feed in the feeder, perhaps even try a bomb. I know the bomb is a normal winter tactic but my idea is feed less until they start to feed. You can always up it if you get indications.

Been to Aston a few times this last week and had the worse week for ages, on each occaison only caught 4or5 mixed bits, small roach, rud, and small perch, is it still a bit on the cool side or is the place over fed, or it could be my crap Angling, but last year from May through to sept, I went to same places and were hitting Carp, Tench, the majority in double figures, I'm just fishing the same methods , either pole or feeder, oh! before I forget, on each pond on each day plenty more lads were also finding it hard work, can some of you old school splodgers tell us whats going off! :huh: The Icon you can see is me on the Bankside.

its sevaral factors comming together and meeting each other presley.

the warm holiday weather brings out the anglers,and the rivers are shut,astin is already heavily match fished and with the infestation of pleasure anglers aswell their are simply to many lines in the water and to much baits.

the fish are feeding well but have loads of "safe" freebies to go at,it should all settle down again when they all go back to wirk or school and colledge

my new crap rig has been emptying aston as they have never seen anything like it befire,infact they cant even see it. private email me for details on how to perchase your very own "lobbys lobber" :-)

its sevaral factors comming together and meeting each other presley.

the warm holiday weather brings out the anglers,and the rivers are shut,astin is already heavily match fished and with the infestation of pleasure anglers aswell their are simply to many lines in the water and to much baits.

the fish are feeding well but have loads of "safe" freebies to go at,it should all settle down again when they all go back to wirk or school and colledge

my new crap rig has been emptying aston as they have never seen anything like it befire,infact they cant even see it. private email me for details on how to perchase your very own "lobbys lobber" :-)

You and Sheff13 are both right, I've never struggled as much as I have this week, mind you like I mentioned people who were tacklin up around me then tacklin down a couple of hours later, I think I'll wait for the tempretures to rise a bit, and fish it mid week.

Fished a small match on snake lake back on the 10th. 63lb won (mostly carp - but not on lobworm's secret rig), I was 2nd with 33lbs of ide roach & skimmers, then there was a 32lbs, 31lbs and 21lbs. It was cool and breezy, but I think the temperature's dropped a bit since then.

Fished a small match on snake lake back on the 10th. 63lb won (mostly carp - but not on lobworm's secret rig), I was 2nd with 33lbs of ide roach & skimmers, then there was a 32lbs, 31lbs and 21lbs. It was cool and breezy, but I think the temperature's dropped a bit since then.

It was warmer then, you did well on the Carp, there are loads of Ide in there. your right about the temps recently, as mentioned in previos post, a mixture of cold water and over feeding could have been the probs this last week.

A match on the snake was won with 70 something lbs last tuesday with plenty of decent back ups.

Worm and caster second expander over micros on the pegs up the middle.

Thursday onward it got nippy at night.

You and Sheff13 are both right, I've never struggled as much as I have this week, mind you like I mentioned people who were tacklin up around me then tacklin down a couple of hours later, I think I'll wait for the tempretures to rise a bit, and fish it mid week.

i am more right than him presley,but dont tell him i said that,he cant see my posts hehe ;-)

i am more right than him presley,but dont tell him i said that,he cant see my posts hehe ;-)

You little devil. :hihi: I must admit, you do know your stuff.:thumbsup:

If you wait for a bit warmer temperatures you will miss out on a lot of fishing. average temperatures through this week are around 8 degrees at night the fish will be back having a go.

If you wait for a bit warmer temperatures you will miss out on a lot of fishing. average temperatures through this week are around 8 degrees at night the fish will be back having a go.

Good advice, I watched the Countryfile weather for the week ahead yesterday, and they say the same, a bit rainy which is all good, so it could be worth a bash. :thumbsup:

When the weather is cooler I concentrate on waters which have a large head of silvers rather than carp dominated fisheries.