Bicycles trading/selling

Does anyone know if there are any shops that trade in or buy 2nd hand bikes?

I have a good quality road bike, but I'm wanting a hybrid now, so other than selling privately I wondered if any knew of anywhere that buys them or trade down in?

Thanks

Evans Cycles apparently doing a trade in offer ATM. Not sure of details as briefly skim read an advertising email from them.

Evans Cycles apparently doing a trade in offer ATM. Not sure of details as briefly skim read an advertising email from them.

Thanks for the reply. I've just read up, it's a gimmick though. It's a certain amount off dependant on how much you spend. Ie £300 bike £25 off, £500 £50 off etc. And you could literally take a bike worth £1 in and still get the discount. Mines a carbon road bike worth £500+, probably better off selling privately.

Thanks for taking time to reply. :)

Thanks for the reply. I've just read up, it's a gimmick though. It's a certain amount off dependant on how much you spend. Ie £300 bike £25 off, £500 £50 off etc. And you could literally take a bike worth £1 in and still get the discount. Mines a carbon road bike worth £500+, probably better off selling privately.

Are you sure that the Specialized Allez Elite has a carbon frame?

Bad form OP, you had this listed for sale prior to starting this thread. Good luck achieving your asking price.

Had a clear out of the garage yesterday, left 2 bikes outside with free bikes sign on them, they were gone within the hour!

Edited by Twitcher

Had a clear out of the garage yesterday, left 2 bikes outside with free bikes sign on them, they were gone within the hour!

Good work....

---------- Post added 23-04-2014 at 20:13 ----------

Bad form OP, you had this listed for sale prior to starting this thread. Good luck achieving your asking price.

And?......

You could always do this with an old bike......

http://recyclebikes.co.uk/

I took a couple of my old bikes, a road bike and a hybrid, and a couple the kids had grown out of. They did them up and passed them on.

JE James sell 2nd hand bikes, so presumably they must sometimes take them in PX.