Fly fishing on the Don

You can't fish the Don out of season the conventional way. worm or not

thankyou for telling me

so if i buy a fly rod and reel and stick a worm on it i can fish it, sounds a bit backward to me:loopy:

You can fish the conventional way with worm it states so in the licence laws. I hate to be the one to contradict you mate but please find below the exert from GOV.UK web site

Midlands, Yorkshire, and the north-east and north-west of England

You can only use natural or artificial fly, minnow, worm, shrimp, prawn, sand eel or artificial lures during close season.

I'm not 100 per cent sure but doesn't the bait have to be legered?

yes it does, legered worm

yes it does, legered worm

so where do i get these from i only have garden worms:confused:

as in... legering with worms

It does not state anything about the way you can fish worm it just states the baits you can fish with.

it might not state it now, but that's the way it's always been

if it's changed, it's news to me

*** update

I've just been trawling thru the environment agency website & can't find anything stating legering and/or float fishing on rivers in the closed season

it used to actually state it on the old fishing licence, but obviously the new credit card sized one doesn't

I wasn't aware this ruling had been revoked, but if so I apologise alf

Edited by dars35

it might not state it now, but that's the way it's always been

if it's changed, it's news to me

*** update

I've just been trawling thru the environment agency website & can't find anything stating legering and/or float fishing on rivers in the closed season

it used to actually state it on the old fishing licence, but obviously the new credit card sized one doesn't

I wasn't aware this ruling had been revoked, but if so I apologise alf

No probs dars35 just go on this link&you will find it . tight lines!

https://www.gov.uk/freshwater-rod-fishing-rules/when-and-where-you-can-fish

you can fish some rivers in the closed season if you follow the laws of the land,these laws change on diferent lands and some may not allow any river fishing at all

always read the rules thoroughly and make notes and take pictures of any action that is taken against you if you are within the rules, i ALWAYS do,this applies to EVERYTHING that i post and where i post it ;-)

You can fish the conventional way with worm it states so in the licence laws. I hate to be the one to contradict you mate but please find below the exert from GOV.UK web site

You can only use natural or artificial fly, minnow, worm, shrimp, prawn, sand eel or artificial lures during close season.

That would only pertain to Salmon fishing..

It pertains to game fishing which includes brown trout,rainbow trout as well as salmon so its quite legal to fish with worm on the river don.find below the paragraph from the GOV.UK site under "Freshwater rod fishing rules"

You can fish for salmon, trout and other game fish during the coarse fish close season. You have to use certain types of lures and baits in some areas however.