Grandson wants his own pole.

Hi. After a couple of years borrowing my stuff, my grandson (12) wants his own gear. I've fixed him up with most things, but I now need to get him a pole. Something around 11 mtrs, with a couple of top 2s / 3s. One for silvers, the other for commercial carp waters (Lindholme / Aston.) Any advice would be appreciated and if anyone knows of a good used one for sale please let me know. (private message may be best so nobody is accused of selling on here)

Hi. After a couple of years borrowing my stuff, my grandson (12) wants his own gear. I've fixed him up with most things, but I now need to get him a pole. Something around 11 mtrs, with a couple of top 2s / 3s. One for silvers, the other for commercial carp waters (Lindholme / Aston.) Any advice would be appreciated and if anyone knows of a good used one for sale please let me know. (private message may be best so nobody is accused of selling on here)

pRIVATE MASSAGE

hi pitsmoorlad,dragon carp do one for a £iver,not the best in the world but ace for someone starting out and not cost a fortune if the lad looses interest in fishing when he enters his teens :-)

You may be better looking on a forum dedicated to angling if you're looking at used, I tried to sell on here with not much joy. Perhaps Talk Angling there's always a good few poles for sale on there. They have a section solely for pole sales.

Spend as much as you can and try and go as long as possible for your budget,he'll soon grow out of 11mtrs,if your on Facebook look for the kinky pellet club and match fishing banter,the lads on there will probably be able to help

Thanks all for your advice. - Lob.......... a fiver ??? I'm happy to spend double that amount.

Edited by pitsmoorlad
serious spelling mistakes

Thanks all for your advice. - Lob.......... a fiver ??? I'm happy to pend dounle that amount.

you could buy 2 then pitsmoorlad :-)

note- please dont buy any more than 2 rads without purchasing another vilid lisence please,i might be crouched behind the counter

thankyou

Edited by lobworms

Pitsmoorlad I have an old shakespear flaviour pole I dig out for you. It's a bit worn but if you want it it's yours.

Dont buy the lad a pole from Dragon carp as they are heavy and bend like a banana and he will be put off pole fishing for life thinking they are all heavy like that.

Sheff 13, thanks for the kind offer. I may be fixed up now, but will let you know if otherwise.

Help_needed, I wouldn't buy one of those. I'd rather buy a decent quality used one than a crap cheap new one.

Help_needed, I wouldn't buy one of those. I'd rather buy a decent quality used one than a crap cheap new one.

dont blame you pitsmoorlad,they are rubbish

always best to get a good one. i have had no end of triuble with dodgy piles :-(

Sheff 13, thanks for the kind offer. I may be fixed up now, but will let you know if otherwise.

That's ok pal so long as your grandson is sorted.

Still here if owt changes.

I have a 9m Garbolino if you are stuck. RRP was £100 at Decathon but I got it half price in sale. Replaced it with Middy white knuckle now. you can have it if you want to collect it