3 Heroin deaths in Sheff since the weekend.

Yeah & that's why they are dead !!! .
You don't have to sound so pleased about it

You can't trust government statistics. I'm sorry but the only solution to stopping Heroin is for Richard Branson to buy the rights to it and sell it for £150 a gram and therefore price the general street smackhead out of the picture.

Confirmation that you're an idiot an incapable of sensible debate.

A source and a breakdown of costs please, if possible.

I'll sort of agree with you, but it isn't that simple. People will not quit drugs until they are well and truly ready. It isn't as easy as "recovering" for a few weeks and then going out into the world all clean and healthy again.

------------------

... and the award for most brutal idea of the week goes to: Jabsy - with his "kill em all" ethos.

I have the figures from a course I attended somewhere I will dig them out for you and give breakdowns from actual government statistics later for you when I find them out.

From what I remember there are approximately 330,000 registered drug users in England. PDU's (problem drug users) cost approx £11,000 per user per annum on NHS and crime costs, this is thought to be much higher what with the unreported crimes / crimes which go without conviction. These are just stats for those bracketed as problem drug users, each drug user in the UK on average cost society around £2000/£3000 on average.

Each year the NHS issue just short of 2 million Methadone prescriptions in the UK. I have costs for this along with the additional costs to the NHS for the emergency treatment of Drug users along with the long term costs associated with long term drug related illnesses.

It costs the NHS a staggering 110 million at the last count in treating drug users whilst in prison by means of Methadone programmes etc.

I can scan the report and email it to you if you like (once I have checked is isn't confidential of course). It is an interesting read but also a highly shocking one.

Alcohol fine, not sure about the latter though. :o

Ha Ha!! Typing on a phone. Better go back and edit that :hihi:

I'm pretty sure there are countries with punishments like this. They still have drug problems.

---------- Post added 19-04-2014 at 17:54 ----------

Let's have an argument about alcohol then shall we??

Years ago Bonzo I would have mate, and supped you under the table as well :hihi:; but sadly now can't do more than 2 at best 3 pints in a night. Alcohol also ruins lives I know but it's legal, but can be highly addictive.

Some people don't know how to stop once they start, I am just flabbergasted that folk want such as Heroin legalising but; are quite happy to shoot smokers I exclude you there obviously.

[/b]

Years ago Bonzo I would have mate, and supped you under the table as well :hihi:; but sadly now can't do more than 2 at best 3 pints in a night. Alcohol also ruins lives I know but it's legal, but can be highly addictive.

Some people don't know how to stop once they start, I am just flabbergasted that folk want such as Heroin legalising but; are quite happy to shoot smokers I exclude you there obviously.

Yep, it's more addictive than heroin and cocaine. But can you imagine what would happen if they brought alcohol prohibition again?

Normally a sad and brutal end to sad and brutal lives. People don't end up on heroin without some kind of massive trauma in their background. It's sad that it's the only way out for some people.

Utterly false :rolleyes:

Just watch this documentary.

'Photojournalist Lanre Fehintola decides to experiment with heroin while working on a book about drug addicts. What starts out as an attempt to understand the plight of his subjects ends up totally consuming and threatening his life.'

I for one have seen first hand what using stupid stuff like Cannabis , Heroin , whatever does & I have to say these people are the most selfish people I have come across. Yes & alcohol as well , but at the end of the day Nobody forces this **** on them , it is their choice . But , it is their choice & if they die then so be it because nothing , or no one can stop them from pressing the self destruct button Be it in their genes or something else , nothing will stop me from hating the ground the actual Drug Barons from making it so easy for these people to getting addicted in the first place. These people are the true scum of the earth .

I for one have seen first hand what using stupid stuff like Cannabis , Heroin , whatever does & I have to say these people are the most selfish people I have come across. Yes & alcohol as well , but at the end of the day Nobody forces this **** on them , it is their choice . But , it is their choice & if they die then so be it because nothing , or no one can stop them from pressing the self destruct button Be it in their genes or something else , nothing will stop me from hating the ground the actual Drug Barons from making it so easy for these people to getting addicted in the first place. These people are the true scum of the earth .

I'd have hoped that a front line NHS employee would have a deeper understanding of the effects of drug addiction.

Yes , I have & that is why I spent nearly an hour trying to sort something out but my argument is the flaming Drug Dealers that spend their lives making these poor addicts lives a misery that get right on my nerves

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabsy1978 viewpost.gif

You can't trust government statistics. I'm sorry but the only solution to stopping Heroin is for Richard Branson to buy the rights to it and sell it for £150 a gram and therefore price the general street smackhead out of the picture.

Confirmation that you're an idiot an incapable of sensible debate.

Its is a very simplistic view you might think but if you were to think about it further Jabsy makes a very good point here. The street dealers, and worse still the pushers, could be priced out of existence.

Nothing wrong with that.

Branson may not be the ideal man for the job but he did start out by selling records as a street vendor so who knows.

---------- Post added 20-04-2014 at 00:05 ----------

To be fair there are different kinds of dealers.

Those in it to make enough for their own next fix and sell mostly to friends and acqauintances .

Those in it as a lifesyle / business choice a lot getting into it for the easy money and the 'in their imaginations' glamour side of it all. Some spare money and a conception of having some power.

Those people's involvement I can almost justify in a sense.

Then there are the big dealers who bring the stuff in, buy it in massive quantities ans see it as business, justifying it as simply as calling it supply and demand.

It is the latter that need erasing if you want to stop the rest.

There is yet another kind that operate at street level thats the pushers who will give the stuff away to create future customers. Now they are scum.