Meadowhall introduces fast and slow lanes..

I love it! They should do this everywhere! :hihi:

There will be a line of zimmer frames all round the mall :hihi:

I love it! They should do this everywhere! :hihi:

What you want the way you walk to be regimented everywhere you go.

Are you crazy.:(

What if someone pours cola down one of the lanes, it will be a line of coke then :hihi:

Years of the disabled fighting for equality down the pan by a 10 year old girl with a stupid idea and the management of Meadowhall. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Years of the disabled fighting for equality down the pan by a 10 year old girl with a stupid idea and the management of Meadowhall. They should be ashamed of themselves.

It should read: Meadowhell, welcome to the dual carriageway !!!

Well I wouldn't worry too much ,I very much doubt anyone will take any notice of these stupid lanes.

I know I wont.

After having read the article again in the Indy, I have come to the following conclusion on how little Chloe should have been dealt with in her 'incredible disappointment' of the amount of slow walkers in Meadowhall. I have two daughters so I think that I am reasonably qualified on dealing with such a matter and this is how I would deal with them if they came up with such a scheme.

It would go something like this...

Right then you... How dare you be so inconsiderate to your fellow human beings. Some of us can't walk fast because we can't. Some are old, some are children and some are disabled. Everyone is different and you should respect that. Some people just want to take their time... because they can... because they are free human beings. They can do what they want within the law and they certainly don't want someone like you imposing more rules upon them. If you can't tolerate other people then don't come here anymore and you won't get to stuff your face with Mcdonalds anymore.... do you understand?

Actually I think you are being incredibly stupid and outraged for the sake of being outraged.

My father is disabled, he suffers from MS and walks very slowly and I often go out with him. From his point of view having a slow lane is actually a good thing as it would give him the space to walk unimpeded without being bustled about by people who are trying to walk faster. Often they 'cut him up' and are coming at him from all directions which is difficult when it is not easy to weave in and out of other people because your walking is poor. It's also not pleasant to have people push you out of the way, tut at you or invade your space pushing past.

But lets be honest most people in shopping centres walk slowly because they are dawdling, chatting and looking in windows.

The idea won't work because people probably won't stick to the lanes. But getting outraged on behalf of the disabled and looking for supposed discrimination where there is none is not only patronising but unhelpful. If people are always looking for supposed discrimination when there is none it makes people less likely to take it seriously when people speak out against genuine discrimination.

And I can tell you right now, if people have walking problems if anything this will make their lives a hell of a lot easier.

Actually I think you are being incredibly stupid and outraged for the sake of being outraged.

My father is disabled, he suffers from MS and walks very slowly and I often go out with him. From his point of view having a slow lane is actually a good thing as it would give him the space to walk unimpeded without being bustled about by people who are trying to walk faster. Often they 'cut him up' and are coming at him from all directions which is difficult when it is not easy to weave in and out of other people because your walking is poor. It's also not pleasant to have people push you out of the way, tut at you or invade your space pushing past.

But lets be honest most people in shopping centres walk slowly because they are dawdling, chatting and looking in windows.

The idea won't work because people probably won't stick to the lanes. But getting outraged on behalf of the disabled and looking for supposed discrimination where there is none is not only patronising but unhelpful. If people are always looking for supposed discrimination when there is none it makes people less likely to take it seriously when people speak out against genuine discrimination.

And I can tell you right now, if people have walking problems if anything this will make their lives a hell of a lot easier.

Outraged... Slightly, incredibly stupid...No. That's just insulting. I'm giving my opinion on a free and open forum and I believe that I am entitled to my opinion. At least we agree that it is unworkable.

Wont work - people will just go where they want, at the pace they want. Each lane would also have to accommodate people walking in both directions, so there would still be plenty of bumping into others and straying into the 'wrong' lane. The main problem of ignorance and selfishness of some people will not be solved by this idea!

Wont work - people will just go where they want, at the pace they want. Each lane would also have to accommodate people walking in both directions, so there would still be plenty of bumping into others and straying into the 'wrong' lane. The main problem of ignorance and selfishness of some people will not be solved by this idea!

The person who invented this idea should be banned from society and those who authorised it should be fired :hihi:

Regimented? I don't see it that way. I see it as being able to get around fast rather than being forced to move at a snails pace behind people who choose to walk slowly and obstruct you.