Meadowhall introduces fast and slow lanes..

I walked past it this morning and never even noticed it. Mind you, I was without the missus and was in and out in 5 minutes.

I think its a great idea,and well done to the ten year old for coming up with it.

Excellent. Now I won't have to keep a tight grip on the urge to kill the inconsiderate groups of people walking at a snail's pace and oblivious to the crowd of people building up behind them who can't get past them.

Would have thought it better to have the Fast Lane away from the shops (ie, on the left hand side in the picture) allowing those in the Slow Lane to window shop?

Or is that too simple?

Oh - and a third lane for mothers who use their kid's prams as snow ploughs.

Box junctions would also be good at tops and bottoms of stairs, lifts and escalators, so groups of people don't block when chatting ;) ha ha ha

Don't you just love these 'PR opportunities'?

Who's going to criticise an idea 'allegedly' made by a 10 year old? :roll:

Are we all in so much of a rush these days that we need this :roll:

Box junctions would also be good at tops and bottoms of stairs, lifts and escalators, so groups of people don't block when chatting ;) ha ha ha

I like that idea:thumbsup:

Are we all in so much of a rush these days that we need this :roll:

I know, whatever next. Segregation of the poor and rich, old and young, disabled and able bodied!

The new Asda at Drakehouse made me laugh how they have designated parking spaces close to the building for people with low emmission cars. I have to park in the peasants spaces well out of sight. It does make me wonder how they will enforce this though and keep me and my planet destroyer (1.4 Berlingo) from parking there.

Would have thought it better to have the Fast Lane away from the shops (ie, on the left hand side in the picture) allowing those in the Slow Lane to window shop?

Or is that too simple?

Oh - and a third lane for mothers who use their kid's prams as snow ploughs.

No just ban them! Only kidding before I get my head bit off.

I do think it's a good idea but how are they going to enforce it? People monitors?

Once again it boils down to people just not using common sense and getting out of the way if they want to stop and chat. Nothing worse when you are walking briskly to your next destination and some a*** just stops dead. Suppose I should give them safe stopping distance!

Its a good idea imo getting from a to b can be very draining/ unpleasant when the place is heaving. I dont think people will follow it though and your best bet if you want to speed around is to go off peak.