£12 allotments available in parson cross

Can't have the right place then and is it council run?

took 1 at roewood now anyway loads better

It's council "subsidised "

It's council "subsidised "

Does anyone know of any intended council allotment rent increases being planned.

Hi, does anybody know if any of these are still available?

Thanks

Do any of the plots have water available or do you have to harvest your own?

I enquired about one of these allotments on this site last week.

I only wanted the smallest plot possible. I have large gardens back & front at home, but I wanted to get out and be around people more.

The department told me they had some 25sq meter plots. That sounded like a nice size I could cope with. Even if it meant travelling to get there I was willing to give it a go.

The rent was only £12.30 for the year too-I would have still been happy at £20.

I got a reply today informing me that they only offer plots to people living within one mile of the Sheffield boundary, so I am not allowed to have one.

Fair enough as I am not a Sheffield resident.

If there are plots stood empty on this site with no interest from anyone, that would make me feel different about the situation.

The plots in Rotherham are too large for me to cope with, and the rents are much more.

Crosslass-Thank you for bringing this to the attention of us. I feel sure it will be of help to others.

Edited by Janus

Can somebody please help and advice where I can find an allotment to rent as soon as possible. I have applied to council and on waiting list, but if I can have one now, will really appreciate. Thanks 

Guest sibon
On 06/08/2021 at 09:19, Annie Chitwamal said:

Can somebody please help and advice where I can find an allotment to rent as soon as possible. I have applied to council and on waiting list, but if I can have one now, will really appreciate. Thanks 

Hi Annie. Give the allotment team a call. Ask for Ceri.

Different sites have different waiting times. Some have no waiting list at all, so if you can travel, I’m pretty sure they will be able to find you a plot fairly quickly.