Employment lawyer for disciplinary hearing

Can anyone recommend witty and fierce employment lawyer that would represent me at a disciplinary hearing?? I would appreciate any hints!

I think you have been watching too many TV programmes. Try a union official.

Not even sure you could be represented by a lawyer. Would depend on what your contract/company handbook says.

Some high level people will have it written in their contracts that they can be accompanied by a solicitor but the rest of us its a work colleague or accredited trade union representative.

Adamsons Law in Bolton, they offer free advice over the phone. I recently had a lady called Michelle represent me in an assessment for Atos, and shes fantastic

Not even sure you could be represented by a lawyer. Would depend on what your contract/company handbook says.

Some high level people will have it written in their contracts that they can be accompanied by a solicitor but the rest of us its a work colleague or accredited trade union representative.

You will probably find that anyone has the right to accompanied by a "friend" - who just happens to be a legal eagle...

You will probably find that anyone has the right to accompanied by a "friend" - who just happens to be a legal eagle...

I know someone who had to have a disciplinary meeting recently. They were allowed a work colleague or a union rep. She isn't in a union so rang ACAS for advice as she wanted to take a friend with her. They said the same - work colleague or union rep. No chance of sneaking anyone in legally trained or not.

Above are correct, colleague or TU rep. What is the issue?

Thanks everyone. I got the hearing invitation on wednesday afternoon and the first thing i did is I panicked a bit so I asked on here. But I calmed down now, did my homework and I got some legal advise. Thanks again

I know someone who had to have a disciplinary meeting recently. They were allowed a work colleague or a union rep. She isn't in a union so rang ACAS for advice as she wanted to take a friend with her. They said the same - work colleague or union rep. No chance of sneaking anyone in legally trained or not.

thanks for that - very surprised ...

An employee's right to be accompanied by a work colleague or union representative/official (if the request is "reasonable") is enshrined in law (s.10, Employment Relations Act 1999) and the ACAS code, but some employers may decide to permit others to attend.

But in the vast majority of cases, it's either work colleague or union rep/official only.

Whoever attends, they won't be allowed to answer questions directly on your behalf.