Parking ticket, dixon lane, appeal won

Got a parking ticket on dixon lane in town, appealed the ticket with sheffield council, as there was no signs, sheffield city council dismissed the appeal, so took it to the adjudicator who allowed it on the basis of insufficient signage, if you have had a ticket on there, even if you have paid it, is is worth appealing

Got a parking ticket on dixon lane in town, appealed the ticket with sheffield council, as there was no signs, sheffield city council dismissed the appeal, so took it to the adjudicator who allowed it on the basis of insufficient signage, if you have had a ticket on there, even if you have paid it, is is worth appealing

Iv'e just seen Planner one and Julie Doors rushing down Dixon Lane with pick, shovel and wheelbarrow closely followed by two dozen parking wardens.

Were they carrying some metal posts and signs or did they trip over tbem in their rush

Yay!

I won an appeal once in Rotherham. There was no sign nearby on a single yellow plus it was a Saturday but he put Sunday's date on (when no restrictions apply). It didn't take long for the single yellow to be replaced by a double yellow :(.

if you have had a ticket on there, even if you have paid it, is is worth appealing

Erm, once you have paid, you can't appeal.

My brother has just won an appeal for getting one at Meadowhall

Guest makapaka

Hi - how long did it take for you to get a response to your appeal? The reason I ask is that I appealed a ticket from over 6 weeks ago and have yet to hear back from the council. Thanks.

Where we're you parked on Dixon Lane because as far as I know Dixon Lane single yellow line is in the controlled parking zone and doesn't need a sign. Why would adjudicator say insufficient signage if it didn't need a sign. I'm not saying you wrong I'm just curious

Where we're you parked on Dixon Lane because as far as I know Dixon Lane single yellow line is in the controlled parking zone and doesn't need a sign. Why would adjudicator say insufficient signage if it didn't need a sign. I'm not saying you wrong I'm just curious

a single yellow line means parking is prohibited during certain periods and needs a suitable set of signs to indicate the period.

a single yellow line means parking is prohibited during certain periods and needs a suitable set of signs to indicate the period.

Yes i know that but Sheffield city centre is a controlled parking zone. Dixon lane is within that controlled parking zone the signs for this are on the entrance to the city centre where vehicles have to pass to enter the city which an adjudicator would know about so I just find it a bit strange why it would be cancelled

The single yellow line is very patchy, yes you can still appeal a ticket if you have paid but there is a time limit. It took about 8 weeks for sheffield city council to respond to first appeal and then 4 weeks for the adjudicator to give his decision

My brother has just won an appeal for getting one at Meadowhall

Wouldnt that be a scam invoice from the private parking cowboys though ? If so it aint a fine

---------- Post added 16-04-2014 at 20:45 ----------

Hi - how long did it take for you to get a response to your appeal? The reason I ask is that I appealed a ticket from over 6 weeks ago and have yet to hear back from the council. Thanks.

when i appealed one of the councils "demands for money with menaces" , ie, a ticket for driving through the tram gates in Hillsbro , it was 8 weeks before i heard back from the adjudicator . But it was worth the wait because i won.