Park Hill bodypopping situation

This has got to be the sickliest, most patronising thread I have read on this forum. Absolutely awful...

This is what it reminds me of:

2 Words

1. Chip
  2. Shoulder

2 Words

1. Chip
  2. Shoulder

3 Words

1. Pencil

2. Deckchair

3. Campanology

lovley story , thanks for sharing.

I love Rastafarians , what a great religion

So cool and laid back!

I got to agree, i love em too.

Fab story OP. Wish you had filmed it.

---------- Post added 17-04-2014 at 12:13 ----------

This has got to be the sickliest, most patronising thread I have read on this forum. Absolutely awful...

This is what it reminds me of:

Take your meds!

Take your meds!

Another wordsmith.

What does this actually mean?

I'm guessing , by the spirit of your posts,and the way you're attacking a reasonably light-hearted thread about someone being happy and dancing in the sunshine, he is maybe suggesting you are being prescribed some sort of 'inhibitor' and forgotten to take it ,but like i said I'm Guessing :D

Something happened this morning as I walked to work. It made me so happy at the time and I’m still pleased now. I was walking atop Park Hill (near a roundabout) and there was a rasta man crossing the road, he must have been like 67 years old or something. “What a cool man” I thought to myself. He just looked cool you know? I was looking at him and the Rasta caught his shadow on a wall (he saw his own shadow basically). I think it startled him, and he actually went back to look at his shadow and then started body popping! Body popping! I thought “great!” and just enjoyed his tight locks and holds, enjoying his shadow so very much. Remember, this is like 9 in the morning on a Wednesday. It’s not what you see is it? I stopped and watched him enjoying his shadow for about 5 minutes and he seemed really pleased and cool with it all. It’s a sunny day and I know everything is gonna be alright!

That is pretty cool, thanks for sharing. Always nice to see something early in the morning that brings a smile to your face. Sets you up for the rest of the day!

That is pretty cool, thanks for sharing. Always nice to see something early in the morning that brings a smile to your face. Sets you up for the rest of the day!

That's exactly what I thought when i read the post :D

Fab story OP. Wish you had filmed it.

---------- Post added 17-04-2014 at 12:13 ----------

Take your meds!

I don't think filming it would have been good for the following reasons:

* I was making a memory - I didn't want to spoil it by messing with my phone. I wanted to live in the moment. You see these numbskulls at pop concerts filming several songs on their phone. It makes me wonder why they bothered coming out.

* The rastafarian community smoke a lot of bad drugs. These have been proven to make you a bit mentally unstable. Filming him might have made the poor man paranoid (paranoia is a common thing for the grass addicts)

* Filming the 'funny man' doing a cool dance just doesn't seem right. Isn't it like what you'd do to a chimp in a zoo? This is a real man with feelings, not an object of fun.

I'm glad my experience has made other people happy though. That's important. If the rastaman is reading this - thanks pal.

lovley story , thanks for sharing.

I love Rastafarians , what a great religion

I thought Rastafarians believed that Black Africans will one day rule the world and supress whites? don't they consider white people inferior to black people?

---------- Post added 17-04-2014 at 13:31 ----------

Gotta love multiculturalism, imagine how bland the world would be without it ;)

Great story, thanks!

Yes the Yardie gangs in the eighties and 90's really enriched Sheffield's culture. :roll:

I thought Rastafarians believed that Black Africans will one day rule the world and supress whites? don't they consider white people inferior to black people?

---------- Post added 17-04-2014 at 13:31 ----------

Yes the Yardie gangs in the eighties and 90's really enriched Sheffield's culture. :roll:

The original point of my thread was to say how cool it was to see that guy do bodypopping as I walked to work. What a nice surprise in a morning! I said he was a rasta because he was! He was wearing the garb (tangled hair, green, red and black clothes, Marley vibes, you know?). I wanted to describe what I saw so you could all share my memory. I wasn’t for one minute trying to say that his religion is a good one. I don’t care much for religion to be honest. But the guy’s actions were good. He did a fun thing. That’s all. I didn’t ask him about his supremacist views (if he does actually have such views – like all religions, there are different strains I think. For example, Catholics tend to be the dodgy Christian people, Quakers tend to be better. There are many liberal Muslims, but there are also lots of hardline radicals who won’t like a man because he is a gay, or who see women as inferior). Same with Jewish people. Some love the strict life and want to stop freedom. Some are atheism believing Jews.

My point is – the guy did a fun thing. I wasn’t making a plea for you to praise his religion.

* The rastafarian community smoke a lot of bad drugs.

I really wouldn't call marijuana a 'bad drug' to be fair

I really wouldn't call marijuana a 'bad drug' to be fair

Obviously it doesn't lead to mad overdoses and grim times like some drugs (e.g. Pete Doherty and the smackheads you see stumbling round the soup kitchens like zombies).

But the grass addiction is definitely a bad thing. Lots of medical research linking it with psychosis and long term depression. A lot of grass smokers end up putting their fists through windows due to paranoia or mental madness later in life. It can even lead to people thieving from family to get more of the grass to smoke.

So really, yes. It is a bad thing.