Park Hill bodypopping situation

Something happened this morning as I walked to work. It made me so happy at the time and I’m still pleased now. I was walking atop Park Hill (near a roundabout) and there was a rasta man crossing the road, he must have been like 67 years old or something. “What a cool man” I thought to myself. He just looked cool you know? I was looking at him and the Rasta caught his shadow on a wall (he saw his own shadow basically). I think it startled him, and he actually went back to look at his shadow and then started body popping! Body popping! I thought “great!” and just enjoyed his tight locks and holds, enjoying his shadow so very much. Remember, this is like 9 in the morning on a Wednesday. It’s not what you see is it? I stopped and watched him enjoying his shadow for about 5 minutes and he seemed really pleased and cool with it all. It’s a sunny day and I know everything is gonna be alright!

lovley story , thanks for sharing.

I love Rastafarians , what a great religion

Gotta love multiculturalism, imagine how bland the world would be without it ;)

Great story, thanks!

easy to imagine life in a monoculture - go to northern france. Or the villages of the home counties. ;)

it's felt increasingly an isolated position to advocate multiculturalism, but for all of the scare stories the tabloids would have you believe, it's been great for the fabric of this country in so many ways - art, music, food, film, sport, nightlife, education, travel and understanding of the world.

The idea that we'd be better off as a nation of insular, introspective islanders, only cherrishing only what eminates from a tiny slice of the world seems absurd to me - celebrate and enjoy what the world has to offer.

besides, as a nation, we spent 500 years smashing our way round the globe, hoovering up whatever we fancied - pretty churlish to moan about it now!

Hmm, I’m not sure if it’s a great religion like you say Missus Brady. There is a lot of racial dodgy business going on there, and I think women are deemed inferior to men. The bodypopping is great though. I wanted to post a good thing about a man doing a fun thing. I am not saying all rasta activity is good though. It’s a complex thing I reckon. Some hardline rastamen might have these ultra conservative views whereas there are surely more liberal rastapeople who don’t feel anger or hatred. I know one rasta rapper rapped words like “Rasta man nah apologise to nah batty boi and if u diss Haile Gebresalassie then me gunshot ya boy!” (or something like that – I fink it was a guy called Sizzla).

But praise indeed for the man this morning. He did a good thing and I shared in his fun. It was a good memory I created this morning when I saw this.

Fantastic, uplifting and happy story. But...I'm not sure if any rastafarian would get too upset if anyone besmirched the character of one of the greatest long distance runners the world will ever see. They're much more likely to be angry at anyone having a go at the founder of their religion, Haile Selassie.

This has got to be the sickliest, most patronising thread I have read on this forum. Absolutely awful...

This is what it reminds me of:

Edited by donotremove

This has got to be the sickliest, most patronising thread I have read on this forum. Absolutely awful...

This is what it reminds me of:

Why is it sickly and patronising? I posted a good thing what I saw a man doing. It was an unusual thing to see on my way to work. I never banged on about anything patronising. You're spewing negativity into this thread pal!

Why is it sickly and patronising? I posted a good thing what I saw a man doing. It was an unusual thing to see on my way to work. I never banged on about anything patronising. You're spewing negativity into this thread pal!

I'm not your pal.

Your initial post was quite nice. It's the gushing references to Rastafarianism and multiculturalism that I find cringeworthy. Besides, nobody starts a thread about me when I do my bodypopping in town...

I'm not your pal.

Your initial post was quite nice. It's the gushing references to Rastafarianism and multiculturalism that I find cringeworthy. Besides, nobody starts a thread about me when I do my bodypopping in town...

I know you're not. Sorry mate.

I agree with what you've said. I commented on those gushing references. I highlighted the misogynistic vibes and ideas of racial purity inherent in that bizarre belief system. If an Islam follower bodypopped in town, it'd be a cool thing per se, but it wouldn't excuse the bad things. No way. In a way, I'm a bit sad that the thread was hijacked but still really pleased that the situation is out in the open now. People need to know about this guy cuz I thought it was cool.

I know you're not. Sorry mate.

I agree with what you've said. I commented on those gushing references. I highlighted the misogynistic vibes and ideas of racial purity inherent in that bizarre belief system. If an Islam follower bodypopped in town, it'd be a cool thing per se, but it wouldn't excuse the bad things. No way. In a way, I'm a bit sad that the thread was hijacked but still really pleased that the situation is out in the open now. People need to know about this guy cuz I thought it was cool.

Actually can I take it back?

I actually quite like you after all, can we be pals?

Actually can I take it back?

I actually quite like you after all, can we be pals?

Yeah why not? What a lovely story this has become. A rasta man pops some moves, I talk about it, some people try to turn my anecdote into a political vehicle to drive some horrible, woolly notions of diversity, we become best friends in our opposition to them. What a truly inspiring story indeed!

Praise Jah! (and Haile Gebreselassie)