When are primary school places announced?

I know it's tomorrow sometime, but the suspense is killing me. Does anyone know what time I can check online or when the emails are usually sent out.

Cheers. Got 3rd choice so happy enough. I got sent an email just after midnight with the offer.

I got mine yesterday through post and was really anxious about it, glad you got one of your choices :)

I got mine yesterday through post and was really anxious about it, glad you got one of your choices :)

So what was the point of the national day - everyone hearing on the same day - if schools are going to do as they like anyway?

I didnt hear from the school direct, it was sheffield council and to be honest i was expecting the letter today. Maybe they sent it in the post alittle early so it did get here for the 16th but the post offices have sorted through it earlier i dont know, but it had nothing to do with the schools.

We got a letter today....I only put one school down & she got in :-)

So what was the point of the national day - everyone hearing on the same day - if schools are going to do as they like anyway?

The admissions process has nothing to do with individual schools. All admissions are dealt with by the admissions department of each individual council.

Schools therefore have no say whatsoever about who is to be admitted.

The admissions process has nothing to do with individual schools. All admissions are dealt with by the admissions department of each individual council.

Schools therefore have no say whatsoever about who is to be admitted.

Depends on the school.

For academies and free schools Local authorities are still required to co-ordinate admission applications in the normal admissions round.

After this academies can admit who they wish.

For academies and free schools Local authorities are still required to co-ordinate admission applications in the normal admissions round.

After this academies can admit who they wish.

All Academies currently work with the Local Authority for September and in-year admission and all HAVE to comply with Fair Access arrangements

Fir Vale tried to introduce selective admissions for Sept intake and in year but have withdrawn their consultation after feedback and the LA agreeing to look at catchment areas etc