Very patient dog groomer needed, not posh paws. Thanks :-)

Personal recommendations needed. This is such a stressful event for our wee dog, he needs a calm person with a lot of understanding

Thank you :-)

pet stop stocksbridge sarahs great 011422882390

Angela at pride for pets amazing .years round dogs you won't get better than her

Thank you so much guys, I feel a bit less stressed already! :D

I know someone who is very patient,I wouldn't use that place again either my Old Spaniels were very stressed going there.Helen is mobile and her website is furfur away

Edited by joyh
Predictive txt!

Angela at pride for pets fantastic ,you won't get a more patient lass than her and she is so clued up with any dog

Can I ask what the problem is with Posh Paws? Sounds like there's plenty of suggestions for your little guy's haircut anyway :)

Another recommendation for Terri at hardwick hounds, she's fantastic with them. And since her partner has started working with her there's free cuddles thrown in :-) I often arrive to pick mine up and find them curled up on Nick's lap :-)

We had a similar dog, after his first hair cut he was left cut to shreds so (and as described by our vet) almost had post traumatic stress disorder. On the week up to the hair cut he had anti-depressants and for a week after (he was usually worse after the grooming). He's now weaned off them. We also had a fabulous groomer. I wondered if your vet might be able to help as ours did to get your dog over the process?

Thanks to everyone for the extremely constructive advice and comments :thumbsup:

Our dog had a horrible experience with his first cut which i think is why he's such a nightmare with groomers, I get really embarrassed and a little ashamed by the reaction of some groomers. I now give him a relaxant from the vets and that helps a bit.

I did visit posh paws to chat about whether they thought they could cut him. I knocked on the door a few times, a lady came to the window, looked at me then walked away ...twice! :shocked:

She couldve just told me if they were closed. I just thought it was a bit rude and not a very good first impression.

Thanks again for the help :)