Anyone who's interested in Korean/Japanese drama's?

Is there anyone in Sheffield that's interested in Japanese/Korean and Taiwanese drama's? (even music)?

Nope, that's mainly why i'm asking here, i live in Sheffield but i love asian (japanese/korean etc.) culture, and having such a unusual interest it's hard to find people who share it.

Very niche i'd guess, but there's a variety of people here second to none as forums go, so who knows.

My only experience of such things was watching the original "The Ring". :hihi:

Hello...

I'm a fan of the culture... my current musical interests stems from "Vocaloid" and anime... but it ranges all over the Japanese culture in general... leading me to going on a course to learn the language (don't expect much!).

I agree it's very hard to find people to share it, but Sheffield has a very varied culture possibly thanks to the Universities.

Hello...

I'm a fan of the culture... my current musical interests stems from "Vocaloid" and anime... but it ranges all over the Japanese culture in general... leading me to going on a course to learn the language (don't expect much!).

I agree it's very hard to find people to share it, but Sheffield has a very varied culture possibly thanks to the Universities.

I've listened to Vocaloid versions of songs but thats really it, i've tried getting into Anime but i don't really know any good Animes that interest me as i like romance/comedy, my sister loves anime but she's not into that type.

i usually watch dramas, and the music i like is Arashi, Utada Hikaru, X Japan (one of my favourite bands) DBSK (korean band but do Japanese songs as well as Korean)

I find alot of asians (east asians) seem to stick to their own, i've never been to universary though.

There are a lot of romantic anime... lots and lots of them. Depends what kinda you're after.

For a legitimate site, using that genre try

http://www.crunchyroll.com/videos/anime/genres/romance

Some of them mix comedy, fantasy, sports... (cough) ecchi... it's really looking around.

Vocaloid versions of songs are not quite the same as actual songs made for vocaloids. Try Hatsune Miku as a most famous Vocaloid. or GUMI, Luka, the Kagamine's.

But it's just great to hear from someone else for a change.

One thing that doesn't help is some strange inherent generalisation ... ask about Japanese culture and the response is generally... I find... the first oriental thing the person can think of (normally Chinese). Or... it's flat out racist.

I love Japanese and Korean films, especially anime and Chan Wook Park films. (Oldboy, Lady Vengeance, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance, I'm a Cyborg, Joint Security Area )