Unlucky Blades , give them credit getting to semi final

Pounds! Yer avatar need a make over! :)

Saving it :hihi: Until we reach next years final :hihi:

Have been a Blade all my life, but have to laugh when this 'who's the best between the Sheffield clubs' arguments start.

We are talking about the equivalent of two bald men fighting over possession of a comb.

Both Sheffield clubs are a disgrace to the city that virtually gave birth to the game of football.

Oldest football team in the world ? Sheffield Club. Second oldest team in the world? Hallam. Oldest ground in the world? Hallam's Lodge moor ground.

Oldest ground in the world on which professional football is played? Bramall Lane.

Rules upon which the laws of football are based? Sheffield and Hallamshire.

Combined total of trophy's won by both teams in the last 79 years?

One Rumbelows cup. Well done Wednesday, it's one more than my beloved Blades.

But seriously, lads and lasses, we really should keep it down.

We are both useless, as hard as that is to accept we really should acknowledge the fact that there is absolutely nothing to boast about in this city as far as football is concerned.

I was at Wembley yesterday, and I was proud of the fact that we turned up, gave it everything we had, and went down fighting.

That is all that I would ever ask.

The way I look at it is this, could I do any better than our players on the pitch?

No.

If I was on the pitch would I give it everything that I possibly could,as limited as my abilities are?

Yes.

That is all that you can ask from your team.

Yesterday those lads gave it all that they had.

In the end it was not quite good enough, but we went down fighting.

That was, and always will be, good enough for me.

When their last goal went in in time added on, and we knew that it was over and the Blades stood and applauded, it was special.

It showed class. We knew it was over, but we acknowledged the effort put in, and the battling quality involved.

Good luck to Hull, they had too much for us on the day, but some of their supporters admitted to us on the tube afterwards that we had em scared.

I think that it means that they haven't won a cup since 1889:D

Cone on Spike your an Owl, and well aware United 4 F.A CUP wins were after 1889. i bet you could real off the teams and gate too :hihi::hihi:

I think that it means that they haven't won a cup since 1889:D

Spike! You are really horrible! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 15-04-2014 at 00:08 ----------

Cone on Spike your an Owl, and well aware United 4 F.A CUP wins were after 1889. i bet you could real off the teams and gate too :hihi::hihi:

He will :cool:

[/color]

He will :cool:

I won't.:P

I've heard that Poundy is keeping the Paintpot Trophy final weekend free in his next year's diary:D

There's optimism for you.

I won't.:P

I've heard that Poundy is keeping the Paintpot Trophy final weekend free in his next year's diary:D

There's optimism for you.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH your so cruel :hihi: Just as well we did not qualify for the Europa league, you would be hurting even more:hihi:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH your so cruel :hihi: Just as well we did not qualify for the Europa league, you would be hurting even more:hihi:

The JPT gets more viewers that the Europa league, doesn't it?

:hihi:

Have been a Blade all my life, but have to laugh when this 'who's the best between the Sheffield clubs' arguments start.

We are talking about the equivalent of two bald men fighting over possession of a comb.

Both Sheffield clubs are a disgrace to the city that virtually gave birth to the game of football.

Oldest football team in the world ? Sheffield Club. Second oldest team in the world? Hallam. Oldest ground in the world? Hallam's Lodge moor ground.

Oldest ground in the world on which professional football is played? Bramall Lane.

Rules upon which the laws of football are based? Sheffield and Hallamshire.

Combined total of trophy's won by both teams in the last 79 years?

One Rumbelows cup. Well done Wednesday, it's one more than my beloved Blades.

But seriously, lads and lasses, we really should keep it down.

We are both useless, as hard as that is to accept we really should acknowledge the fact that there is absolutely nothing to boast about in this city as far as football is concerned.

I was at Wembley yesterday, and I was proud of the fact that we turned up, gave it everything we had, and went down fighting.

That is all that I would ever ask.

The way I look at it is this, could I do any better than our players on the pitch?

No.

If I was on the pitch would I give it everything that I possibly could,as limited as my abilities are?

Yes.

That is all that you can ask from your team.

Yesterday those lads gave it all that they had.

In the end it was not quite good enough, but we went down fighting.

That was, and always will be, good enough for me.

When their last goal went in in time added on, and we knew that it was over and the Blades stood and applauded, it was special.

It showed class. We knew it was over, but we acknowledged the effort put in, and the battling quality involved.

Good luck to Hull, they had too much for us on the day, but some of their supporters admitted to us on the tube afterwards that we had em scared.

Best post on this forum for a while.

It's all money these days, unfortunately neither clubs have the (real) sugar daddy to compete with the big boys. Until that happens we'll always fight for scraps :(

Best post on this forum for a while.

It's all money these days, unfortunately neither clubs have the (real) sugar daddy to compete with the big boys. Until that happens we'll always fight for scraps :(

Agreed, very good post, boltocks aside we are very similar apart from size ;)

Hat off to you blades and bet you had a cracking day out no matter the score !

Edited by Starlc

Agreed, very good post, boltocks aside we are very similar apart from size ;)

Hat off to you blades and bet you had a cracking day out no matter the score !

Mid table Premiership team take on mid table League one team and the whole thing is only separated by two goals, a fair crack at it in my opinion.

It was a cracking day out, and as has been already said, we were all sat on the tube, Hull fans and Blades fans, talking about the match and what a nailbiter it was was.

Thanks for that whiteowl and StarIc. Yes we did have a good day out. Last time that happened in those circumstances was the semi loss to Arsenal at Old Trafford and the two legged loss to Liverpool in the League cup semi, both in the same season.

We gave it a go in those games as well.

On other occasions when the lads didn't turn up it was a horrible experience.

Your right whiteowl, money has ruined the game. There has always been a certain amount of an imbalance toward the bigger clubs but it could be overcome.

Nigel's dad proved that with both Derby and Forest. Don't think it's possible anymore.

Chelsea have 28 players out on loan.

Both Sheffield clubs are paupers by comparison.

Thanks for that whiteowl and StarIc. Yes we did have a good day out. Last time that happened in those circumstances was the semi loss to Arsenal at Old Trafford and the two legged loss to Liverpool in the League cup semi, both in the same season.

We gave it a go in those games as well.

On other occasions when the lads didn't turn up it was a horrible experience.

Your right whiteowl, money has ruined the game. There has always been a certain amount of an imbalance toward the bigger clubs but it could be overcome.

Nigel's dad proved that with both Derby and Forest. Don't think it's possible anymore.

Chelsea have 28 players out on loan.

Both Sheffield clubs are paupers by comparison.

It was a good day out, quite a few reasons why I will remember it.

And yes, money has changed everything. I remember reading "Shoot" in the early/mid 70's, when they would have a footballers profile, and it was stuff like:-

Car: Ford Capri

Favourite Meal: Steak and Chips

I think just about everyone said Steak and Chips!, I think occasionaly a player would act all posh and say "Lasagne" :hihi:

Ah, those were the days!