Freesat help needed

Just need some advice for my mum. She has a free sat connected. Want I want to know is if I cut the cable from the satellite and split it. Can I buy another box so she can watch television in a different room and if so will ant freesat box do the job. Thanks

You can only have one set top box connected to each feed from a satellite dish, you can't split them like you can with a TV aerial feed.

If you want multiple boxes connected, you will need additional feeds from the dish, probably requiring a new LNB on the dish.

Low Noise Block downconverter available from Maplins.

Thanks for that guess I will leave it as it is

Just need some advice for my mum. She has a free sat connected. Want I want to know is if I cut the cable from the satellite and split it. Can I buy another box so she can watch television in a different room and if so will ant freesat box do the job. Thanks

I am a satellite installer. The reason you can't split the cable is that unlike an aerial, which is passive, a dish accepts commands from the receiver box or TV and tunes itself accordingly.

In other words, half the tuning is done in the dish, and the other half in the receiver. That's why each receiver has to have its own cable going to one port of a multi-port LNB.

If you need any further help, just call me on 07971 846 153.

Rod Buck

If you change your mind Mark, give me a buzz.

All the best.

Mark.

If its a dish that has been put up in the last 10 years it will have connection facilitys for more than one cable. Have a look at the box near the dish easy to do :love: